Hill-Rom's new vest? Anyone have any information?

rcq925

I was reading on here the other day and someone in a post mentioned that Hill-Rom has a new vest out that is programmable and I was wondering if anyone has seen it or has it or any information on it?

I tried e-mailing HIll-Rom from their website to get information and got a verry snotty response from a customer service representative:

"Dear Rebecca,

I am sorry you weren't happy with the response I gave to you. I am hoping you would understand that there are children (very young ones) that don't have a vest system at all and are extremely ill. As a parent I would be extremely disappointed in a company that would give another device to a child who already has one, and left my child without a device. I am sorry if you were upset by this, but again, your child has a device.
Also in order to facilitate this, your insr. company has to have the first device paid in full.
After looking into Hayley's acct. the device you have has not been paid in full by your insurance company and therefore wouldn't be eligible anyway.

Unfortuantely, we have absolutely no idea when we are going to be able to offer the newer device for upgrades. We are trying hard to meet the demands and to keep everyone happy. Our first priority is our customers that have no device at all. To best answer your questions of the new model I am going to forward your questions to the Account Manager for your area. Her name is Laura Wood and her number is 800-449-7016. She is wonderful and will be someone you can actually speak to person to person instead of email. She would be happy to answer any questions re: this new device. I can tell you they look exactly the same and weigh the exact same. The new one has a few new whistles and bells, one of them is the ability to program. Again, Laura can update you on all of the specifics. "

Okay I was not demending a new vest NOW, just wanted information about it and I was not happy about her first repsonse. She then sent me another e-mail right after that apologizing and giving me a little more info on cost, ect., but no real information on the new vest.

Our vest is paid off, contrary to what she said and I am now pissed that she was so rude! I really want the Respirtech vest, but feel that we are now stuck with Hill-Rom since we have it and it is paid off! UGH! So if anyone has any info on the new vest they have I would appreciate it! Thanks!

rcq925

I was reading on here the other day and someone in a post mentioned that Hill-Rom has a new vest out that is programmable and I was wondering if anyone has seen it or has it or any information on it?

I tried e-mailing HIll-Rom from their website to get information and got a verry snotty response from a customer service representative:

"Dear Rebecca,

I am sorry you weren't happy with the response I gave to you. I am hoping you would understand that there are children (very young ones) that don't have a vest system at all and are extremely ill. As a parent I would be extremely disappointed in a company that would give another device to a child who already has one, and left my child without a device. I am sorry if you were upset by this, but again, your child has a device.
Also in order to facilitate this, your insr. company has to have the first device paid in full.
After looking into Hayley's acct. the device you have has not been paid in full by your insurance company and therefore wouldn't be eligible anyway.

Unfortuantely, we have absolutely no idea when we are going to be able to offer the newer device for upgrades. We are trying hard to meet the demands and to keep everyone happy. Our first priority is our customers that have no device at all. To best answer your questions of the new model I am going to forward your questions to the Account Manager for your area. Her name is Laura Wood and her number is 800-449-7016. She is wonderful and will be someone you can actually speak to person to person instead of email. She would be happy to answer any questions re: this new device. I can tell you they look exactly the same and weigh the exact same. The new one has a few new whistles and bells, one of them is the ability to program. Again, Laura can update you on all of the specifics. "

Okay I was not demending a new vest NOW, just wanted information about it and I was not happy about her first repsonse. She then sent me another e-mail right after that apologizing and giving me a little more info on cost, ect., but no real information on the new vest.

Our vest is paid off, contrary to what she said and I am now pissed that she was so rude! I really want the Respirtech vest, but feel that we are now stuck with Hill-Rom since we have it and it is paid off! UGH! So if anyone has any info on the new vest they have I would appreciate it! Thanks!

rcq925

"Dear Rebecca,

babyjaden2004

Jaden has the Hill Rom 105 vest. I'm new at it so I'm not sure what you would like to know about it. Ours was set by the trainer but it is easy to program. Not sure what the others are like but this one seems easy to work.

babyjaden2004

Jaden has the Hill Rom 105 vest. I'm new at it so I'm not sure what you would like to know about it. Ours was set by the trainer but it is easy to program. Not sure what the others are like but this one seems easy to work.

babyjaden2004

momuv2cf

Okay, this is what happened to us. I have two girls with CF and our family is still all in the same house. I was told by Hill Rom that they think it highly unlikely that we would ever be approved for two vest machines. I explained that I would fight Medicaid until they were covered and even attend hearings. I promised I would get them paid for with hard work and a lot of my extra time. They were not willing to take the chance and send them to me.

At this point I had two machines that were not getting covered and they were both bulky, older models. One was Electromed, and one was Hill-Rom.

Electromed, which is essentially the same product in comparison, was willing to send me two machines at one time. I had one of their older models already that we were still trying to get covered. They sent me one of the newer models and I kept the older model and was told as soon as they were both covered I could switch the old model out for a new one. So, I gladly sent the Hill-Rom back and started to deal only with Electromed.

With the help of Electromed's customer service, and clear instructions on what they needed to submit to Medicaid, both machines were covered within 6 months. I never even had to go to a hearing. (Keep in mind that I had already worked with Hill-Rom for three years on trying to get the older model covered and they never could give me clear instructions on what they needed).

With Electromed I received excellent customer service and I could hear compassion in all the persons voices that I spoke with. They heard my frustration about the possiblity of having one vest machine between two girls, and that I wanted the smaller, programmable machine for convienence in travel and for the girls' overnights. They took a risk in having two machines in my home without having them covered, yet they worked from a human compassion side of things rather than a monetary view point.

In the end I have two brand new, compact, programmable machines completley covered. These are not the shoebox size, but they are not the big black box either.

I am not trying to bash Hill-Rom, rather I am just pointing out the greatness of Electromed. I think they both produce great products for the CF community, but one is easier to work with than the other.

momuv2cf

Okay, this is what happened to us. I have two girls with CF and our family is still all in the same house. I was told by Hill Rom that they think it highly unlikely that we would ever be approved for two vest machines. I explained that I would fight Medicaid until they were covered and even attend hearings. I promised I would get them paid for with hard work and a lot of my extra time. They were not willing to take the chance and send them to me.

At this point I had two machines that were not getting covered and they were both bulky, older models. One was Electromed, and one was Hill-Rom.

Electromed, which is essentially the same product in comparison, was willing to send me two machines at one time. I had one of their older models already that we were still trying to get covered. They sent me one of the newer models and I kept the older model and was told as soon as they were both covered I could switch the old model out for a new one. So, I gladly sent the Hill-Rom back and started to deal only with Electromed.

With the help of Electromed's customer service, and clear instructions on what they needed to submit to Medicaid, both machines were covered within 6 months. I never even had to go to a hearing. (Keep in mind that I had already worked with Hill-Rom for three years on trying to get the older model covered and they never could give me clear instructions on what they needed).

With Electromed I received excellent customer service and I could hear compassion in all the persons voices that I spoke with. They heard my frustration about the possiblity of having one vest machine between two girls, and that I wanted the smaller, programmable machine for convienence in travel and for the girls' overnights. They took a risk in having two machines in my home without having them covered, yet they worked from a human compassion side of things rather than a monetary view point.

In the end I have two brand new, compact, programmable machines completley covered. These are not the shoebox size, but they are not the big black box either.

I am not trying to bash Hill-Rom, rather I am just pointing out the greatness of Electromed. I think they both produce great products for the CF community, but one is easier to work with than the other.

momuv2cf