Homeopathic Remedies for Colds

nealag

Hi everyone,

Firstly I just wanted to say I am so pleased to have found this site. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

My 9 month old DD has a cold -- runny eye, runny & stuffy nose and wet cough. We were at Clinic on Tuesday and they said her chest sounds were fine and that this cold should run its course without affecting her too much.

Easy for them to say! (Stressed out Mom!)

How do you treat colds in your children? Being so young she is unable to take most medicines. What can I do?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

nealag

Hi everyone,

Firstly I just wanted to say I am so pleased to have found this site. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

My 9 month old DD has a cold -- runny eye, runny & stuffy nose and wet cough. We were at Clinic on Tuesday and they said her chest sounds were fine and that this cold should run its course without affecting her too much.

How do you treat colds in your children? Being so young she is unable to take most medicines. What can I do?

nealag

Hi everyone,

nealag

Hi everyone,

nealag

Hi everyone,
<br />
<br />Firstly I just wanted to say I am so pleased to have found this site. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.
<br />
<br />My 9 month old DD has a cold -- runny eye, runny & stuffy nose and wet cough. We were at Clinic on Tuesday and they said her chest sounds were fine and that this cold should run its course without affecting her too much.
<br />
<br />Easy for them to say! (Stressed out Mom!)
<br />
<br />How do you treat colds in your children? Being so young she is unable to take most medicines. What can I do?
<br />
<br />Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Emily65Roses

Just FYI, CFers shouldn't really take most cold medicines anyway, regardless of age. Most have cough suppressants in them, or ingredients that dry up mucus. Neither of which is a result you want.

It sucks butt cheeks, but I've never taken anything for colds. I always just suck it up. I imagine it sucked for my mom too to just sit and watch me be a miserable blah. I suggest things like... extra sleep, and chicken noodle soup. Or whatever is appropriate for a 9 month old.

Emily65Roses

Just FYI, CFers shouldn't really take most cold medicines anyway, regardless of age. Most have cough suppressants in them, or ingredients that dry up mucus. Neither of which is a result you want.

It sucks butt cheeks, but I've never taken anything for colds. I always just suck it up. I imagine it sucked for my mom too to just sit and watch me be a miserable blah. I suggest things like... extra sleep, and chicken noodle soup. Or whatever is appropriate for a 9 month old.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

<br />
<br />It sucks butt cheeks, but I've never taken anything for colds. I always just suck it up. I imagine it sucked for my mom too to just sit and watch me be a miserable blah. I suggest things like... extra sleep, and chicken noodle soup. Or whatever is appropriate for a 9 month old.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was that age and got a cold we used saline spray and the dreaded booger sucker to suck out boogies so he could breathe a little better. I would also increase bath time -- not only give him a morning bath, but before bed would steam up the bathroom really good and let him play in the water for a while to get things moving. I also increased CPT both timewise (number of minutes) and threw in an extra one -- when he developed a little wheeze, DH got up in the middle of the night and gave him nebs and CPT -- so 4-5 times a day.

Did the CF doctor check your child out. I once was told by DS's pediatrician that he was fine and then later went to the CF doctr and was told DS had bronchitis. Regular doctors sometimes don't know what to look for, plus sometimes with all that extra thick mucus, they need antibiotics to help them along.

Oh and DS would ALWAYS come down with a cold or sinus infection a few days after going to clinic. Too aggravating. If things don't improve you may want to call the CF clinic and see what they suggest.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
When DS was that age and got a cold we used saline spray and the dreaded booger sucker to suck out boogies so he could breathe a little better. I would also increase bath time -- not only give him a morning bath, but before bed would steam up the bathroom really good and let him play in the water for a while to get things moving. I also increased CPT both timewise (number of minutes) and threw in an extra one -- when he developed a little wheeze, DH got up in the middle of the night and gave him nebs and CPT -- so 4-5 times a day.

Did the CF doctor check your child out. I once was told by DS's pediatrician that he was fine and then later went to the CF doctr and was told DS had bronchitis. Regular doctors sometimes don't know what to look for, plus sometimes with all that extra thick mucus, they need antibiotics to help them along.

Oh and DS would ALWAYS come down with a cold or sinus infection a few days after going to clinic. Too aggravating. If things don't improve you may want to call the CF clinic and see what they suggest.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Did the CF doctor check your child out. I once was told by DS's pediatrician that he was fine and then later went to the CF doctr and was told DS had bronchitis. Regular doctors sometimes don't know what to look for, plus sometimes with all that extra thick mucus, they need antibiotics to help them along.
<br />
<br />Oh and DS would ALWAYS come down with a cold or sinus infection a few days after going to clinic. Too aggravating. If things don't improve you may want to call the CF clinic and see what they suggest.

Chilemom

I give to my daughter "Propoleo" is what the bee´s use in there panel. I also give to her a homeopathy when she has the cold taht you describe call "vivianita", "sambucus" and "apis ex animale with berberis". Difficults names I know, search "weleda" web page.
hope this help

Chilemom

I give to my daughter "Propoleo" is what the bee´s use in there panel. I also give to her a homeopathy when she has the cold taht you describe call "vivianita", "sambucus" and "apis ex animale with berberis". Difficults names I know, search "weleda" web page.
hope this help

Chilemom

hope this help

Chilemom

hope this help

Chilemom

<br />hope this help
<br />