how can this be taking so long?

tjsheldon3

Waiting for genetic testing to confirm yes or no CF, has me so stressed out. It's been almost 6 weeks. I checked again yesterday and it was still processing. I asked were it was sent, and was told they run the rest right at the hospital (children's hospital of Milwaukee)
Re cap; my daughter has a huge list of issues: juvenile arthritis, uveitis,gi issues, pre diabetic, immunodeficiency, asthma, allergies, thyroid disease. Chronic sinus infections, chronic cough, lung infections. Sweat test was 39 and 38. Considered "normal" but immunologist was concerned because of all her issues, so ran genetic testing. My daughter was at primary Dr last week for chronic cough, they added more meds and are UN sure what to do at this point until we get genetics back.
How long do these using take????

RobinB29

All of those symptoms can be related to Celiac disease too, if the test comes back negative I'd look into that.

jshet

It does take a long time unfortunately. It took 9 weeks to get my sons genetic testing back, it had to be sent to another state to be completed. I remember the wait was horrible and very difficult to not think about.

I wont tell you to hang in there, or to be patient snd all that other stuff. But i will say a prayer that you feel some peace of mind for the remainder of your waiting and that the testing is completed quickly. I hope you receive the answers you are hoping for.

tjsheldon3

All of those symptoms can be related to Celiac disease too, if the test comes back negative I'd look into that.
Celiac has been ruled out. She's gone thru upper scope and colonoscopy. Celiac anti body testing also. I have celiac disease, diagnosed thru positive biopsy, but negative antibodies. Ibd has also been ruled out :( this all is literally a huge puzzle with her. This could be our missing puzzle piece.

tjsheldon3

It does take a long time unfortunately. It took 9 weeks to get my sons genetic testing back, it had to be sent to another state to be completed. I remember the wait was horrible and very difficult to not think about.

I wont tell you to hang in there, or to be patient snd all that other stuff. But i will say a prayer that you feel some peace of mind for the remainder of your waiting and that the testing is completed quickly. I hope you receive the answers you are hoping for.
Thank you! I thought they were getting sent out also, come to find out the rest is ran right at children's hospital!