How did you decide to test siblings?

Lilliansmom

I have 4 kids. The oldest is adopted, so I have no worries about him. Oldest DD and YDS both have symptoms, which prompted all of the testing. I always assumed that my youngest DD was fine, and that we would test her to see if she was a carrier later, when she was thinking of having children. She is YDS's twin, and in my eyes has no symptoms of cf. She is really small, but all my kids are small. She has no pancreatic issues, rarely gets a cold. She has needed aluterol on occasion when she has gotten croup, but otherwise has needed nothing. Lilly and Jack's pulm. noticed that she had slightly clubbed fingers, as do they, but did not seem concerned. He said some kids just do. Would you push to have her tested now, just to rule it out?

Lilliansmom

I have 4 kids. The oldest is adopted, so I have no worries about him. Oldest DD and YDS both have symptoms, which prompted all of the testing. I always assumed that my youngest DD was fine, and that we would test her to see if she was a carrier later, when she was thinking of having children. She is YDS's twin, and in my eyes has no symptoms of cf. She is really small, but all my kids are small. She has no pancreatic issues, rarely gets a cold. She has needed aluterol on occasion when she has gotten croup, but otherwise has needed nothing. Lilly and Jack's pulm. noticed that she had slightly clubbed fingers, as do they, but did not seem concerned. He said some kids just do. Would you push to have her tested now, just to rule it out?

Lilliansmom

M

Mommafirst

Our Cf center tests all siblings routinely when one is diagnosed. Once they found Alyssa's two mutations they ran simple genetics to test my boys for just the two. I'm so glad I know, I continue to question if they are right, but I know we have the answer.

M

Mommafirst

Our Cf center tests all siblings routinely when one is diagnosed. Once they found Alyssa's two mutations they ran simple genetics to test my boys for just the two. I'm so glad I know, I continue to question if they are right, but I know we have the answer.

M

Mommafirst

ehtansky21

If you can get it covered by insurance...I would definitely do it!!! One less thing to worry about!!!

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

If you can get it covered by insurance...I would definitely do it!!! One less thing to worry about!!!

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />
<br />blessings,
<br />missa

amber682

She needs to be tested right along with them. They're doing a CF twin and sibling studu in our clinic because twins and siblings with the same mutations can have such different symptoms, outcomes, etc

amber682

She needs to be tested right along with them. They're doing a CF twin and sibling studu in our clinic because twins and siblings with the same mutations can have such different symptoms, outcomes, etc

amber682