How do I ask for testosterone? Is it normal for CFers to need testosterone?

Enzo2311

So I think I might need testosterone. But how do I ask the doctor for testosterone help without actually asking?

I say this because:
I have a hard time building muscle, and I have a high voice. I'm 18 btw, oh, and I also look like I'm 15.

Is it normal for guy CFers to need testosterone help?

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Wait until you hit forty and look thirty! Your doctor is just that, she/he isn't your parent and doctors are there for the very questions you have. Testosterone is being made as fast as it can along with other stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. That is just to keep your body fighting the issues with CF.

Most if not all CFers begin to lose the ability to produce hormones like testosterone because of this constant demand. Ask to have your testosterone level checked to open the conversation. This is a simple blood test so it could be done along with a regular blood draw. If you are low, the doctor shouldn't hesitate prescribing it. If you are within range at the low end, argue your case just as you just put it.

You really can talk with your doctor quite frankly and without fear of being judged or ratted on. If you are scolded for asking about testosterone, you need a new doctor dude.

LL