How does everyone feed their infants? Do you feed solids and formula at the same sitting or do you do it in b/w meals?

mariahsmommy

How does everyone feed their infants? Do you feed solids and formula at the same sitting or do you do it in b/w meals?

My daughter eats solids, but her formula is fed through her button. She is seven months old and likes to eat some solids but when I feed her both solids and formula at the same time, she almost always throws up. Please let me know how you guys do it because its so hard knowing how much to feed her formula because she doesn't drink it and as you all know we are limited with enzymes. Thank you.

mariahsmommy

My daughter eats solids, but her formula is fed through her button. She is seven months old and likes to eat some solids but when I feed her both solids and formula at the same time, she almost always throws up. Please let me know how you guys do it because its so hard knowing how much to feed her formula because she doesn't drink it and as you all know we are limited with enzymes. Thank you.

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

A

AKJen

Felicia,
I understand your dilemma... trying to make sure they eat enough in one feeding within the time limit! Have you tried giving her a break between the formula and solids (maybe 10 or 15 minutes, as long as there is still time?) She might be able to digest a bit before getting additional food. My 9 month old driks about 7 ounces of formula/breast milk along with his solids (I split it up - breast milk, then solids, then additional formula, and it takes close to an hour to finish the meal). I'm not familiar with the term "button." Is that a g-tube?
Jen

A

AKJen

Felicia,
I understand your dilemma... trying to make sure they eat enough in one feeding within the time limit! Have you tried giving her a break between the formula and solids (maybe 10 or 15 minutes, as long as there is still time?) She might be able to digest a bit before getting additional food. My 9 month old driks about 7 ounces of formula/breast milk along with his solids (I split it up - breast milk, then solids, then additional formula, and it takes close to an hour to finish the meal). I'm not familiar with the term "button." Is that a g-tube?
Jen

A

AKJen

Felicia,
Jen

A

AKJen

Felicia,
Jen

A

AKJen

Felicia,
<br />I understand your dilemma... trying to make sure they eat enough in one feeding within the time limit! Have you tried giving her a break between the formula and solids (maybe 10 or 15 minutes, as long as there is still time?) She might be able to digest a bit before getting additional food. My 9 month old driks about 7 ounces of formula/breast milk along with his solids (I split it up - breast milk, then solids, then additional formula, and it takes close to an hour to finish the meal). I'm not familiar with the term "button." Is that a g-tube?
<br />Jen