how to gain weight?

LilTricky1886

how to gain weight?

Hey this is Amber, I just got outta the hospital for a tune up, and while my lung function is back up, and has been consistantly better, I can't seem to gain my weight back! It's making me crazy! I can't get higher then 96lbs! I need some tips, or recipies, or something! If you have any bright ideas, please let me know!

I

IG

RE: how to gain weight?

I know there are/were a ton of recipes in the OT forum.. Have you tried scandi-flakes? Scandi product that is supposed to be tasteless that you can add into things like mashed potatos, soup, etc. for additional calories. Or shakes: icecream, milk, fruit [if you want], scandishake mix... I know a ton of people will have advice for this.

Oh I do remember the dietician telling me to be very liberal with butter [like on mashed potatos etc]... ton of calories.

CFisme

YOU JUST NEED TO HIT THE GYM, EAT RIGHT.. YOUR MEATS AND CHICKENS AND YOULL BE FINE. I HAVE CF WEIGHT 160LBS. 5'9 I WORK OUT 5 DAYS A WEEK.. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS STAY ACTIVE AND YOU WILL BE OK!

thelizardqueen

I use Scanishake, and it works. I drink about 2 glasses of it a day, and it definitly helps with the weight gain. I've gone from 98 lbs to 132. I think the chocolate flavor is the best, and you can add foods to it.

Dustin82

Hi Amber I was havin problems gainin weight and they found out I had CFRD (Related Diabetes) that is very common in CF people and I started giving myself insuln and I have gained like 10 pounds in the last 4 months so maybe that is something u should get tested for? I know it made a heck of a differents for me just something to ask about next time u are in the Doc office Dustin CFRD 23 male