How To Handle Different Dr Opinions

M

mneville

I took my son to another CF Center for a second opinion on various things. They use Mucomyst twice a day and would put Aidan on maintenance Zithromax to control his Staph and constant sinus infections. This doctor used to head CHOP and it was one of the top 5 centers when the Bell Curve came out- Dr Scanlin, now he's at Robert Wood.

I told my center we went there and Aidan's doc still doesn't want him on Zithromax M/W/Fr or Mucomyst. He is not comfortable with that treatment plan. I respect that and cannot change his opinion on it. But do I just switch centers or try to work something out with his current center? Do anoy of you use two centers at the same time??

MEgan

M

mneville

I took my son to another CF Center for a second opinion on various things. They use Mucomyst twice a day and would put Aidan on maintenance Zithromax to control his Staph and constant sinus infections. This doctor used to head CHOP and it was one of the top 5 centers when the Bell Curve came out- Dr Scanlin, now he's at Robert Wood.

I told my center we went there and Aidan's doc still doesn't want him on Zithromax M/W/Fr or Mucomyst. He is not comfortable with that treatment plan. I respect that and cannot change his opinion on it. But do I just switch centers or try to work something out with his current center? Do anoy of you use two centers at the same time??

MEgan

M

mneville

MEgan

M

mneville

MEgan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />I told my center we went there and Aidan's doc still doesn't want him on Zithromax M/W/Fr or Mucomyst. He is not comfortable with that treatment plan. I respect that and cannot change his opinion on it. But do I just switch centers or try to work something out with his current center? Do anoy of you use two centers at the same time??
<br />
<br />MEgan

Mockingbird

Why exactly is your doctor uncomfortable with that teatment plan? Keep in mind that your current doctor has more of a patient history with your son than the new one, so he might have a good reason. Adding more medication isn't always the best answer.

Mockingbird

Why exactly is your doctor uncomfortable with that teatment plan? Keep in mind that your current doctor has more of a patient history with your son than the new one, so he might have a good reason. Adding more medication isn't always the best answer.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Skye

I do have 2 centers. I recently asked my doc if he would contact my other doc and get together on some of my treatment plans. He was happy to do that and works very closely with me. If he disagrees with something they suggest, he tells me the reason; but, ultimately my care is my choice and he respects that. He is a pediatrician and I go to an adult care center on occassion. The ball IS in your court always. How do you truely feel about the added meds?

Karen

Skye

I do have 2 centers. I recently asked my doc if he would contact my other doc and get together on some of my treatment plans. He was happy to do that and works very closely with me. If he disagrees with something they suggest, he tells me the reason; but, ultimately my care is my choice and he respects that. He is a pediatrician and I go to an adult care center on occassion. The ball IS in your court always. How do you truely feel about the added meds?

Karen

Skye

Karen

Skye

Karen

Skye

<br />
<br />Karen

jamie6girl

You should do what you all feel is best - If you think the meds that your son is on is working, then I think you should stay with it. You KNOW what is right.

jamie6girl

You should do what you all feel is best - If you think the meds that your son is on is working, then I think you should stay with it. You KNOW what is right.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl