I need help with a Medigap plan

anonymous

Plans differ depending on which state you live in. Did you get the Medicare handbook for 2006? There is a number for your State Health Insurance Assistance Program on the inside of the back cover. They can give you advice and offer help. I am struggling with the same thing, I live in MA. I don't think they could have made the process much more confusing! UGH.

Kim
40 w/cf

Robertson

I got the 2006 hand book. You See I fall into the catagory of rich in their eyes. My Social worker said that with my wifes income that part D cant help me. Sure my wife makes money but I have at least $600 a month of my 20 percent of medicare. so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
And besides who can make sence of the new hand book.

anonymous

I am certainly no expert, but it sounds like if you have $600/month copays for Medicare that you would benefit from a medigap plan. I have a blue cross medigap plan, it is expensive, $525/month but it covers ALL the copays and drugs as well. There is an option to drop down to a lower priced medigap plan that covers medicare copays and I could sign on to a medicare d plan as well for the drug coverage. I am still trying to figure out what is the best plan of action. If you have blue cross in your area maybe you should check their website or give them a call to see if they can give you advice. I am married but my husband's insurance is so bad I keep the medigap plan in conjunction with the medicare. Good luck!

Kim
40 w/cf