I would really appreciate your help

anonymous

Hi, my name is Joanne and I am a PhD student at Liverpool John Moores University. I am conducting a research project on the transition to adulthood for young people with CF. I will be looking at a number of transitions including: transition from school to further education, employment or training; transition to financial independence, transition to independent living and transition from pediatric to adult care.

Through my research I hope to find out what external factors affect this transition for young people with CF. The factors I feel would be important are, firstly the people around you such as family members and friends and secondly, places such as school and hospital. However, I would really like to give young people with CF themselves to opportunity to identify the factors they feel are important. I would really appreciate it if anyone with CF would reply to this message and let me know whether you feel the factors I have identified are ones that would influence the transition to adulthood. I would also really like to know if there are any other factors you feel would affect the transition that should be included in the study.

A later stage of this research will be to carry out interviews with young people with CF. Your responses will be used to help me devise the interview questions. If you want to respond but dont want this to be used in the study you can just state this. Your identities will remain anonymous at all times.

Unfortunately I will not be able to reply to any of your messages as to do so I would need written consent from both you and a parent/carer. You are not obliged in any way to respond to this message but I would be very grateful to anyone who does.

Many Thanks

Joanne

J

jennaxox

you could drop me an email at jennuhxo@yahoo.com and i'd be very happy to take part in this.