IbuprofenTherapy

pnhuffman

If you or your child is on the Ibuprofen therapy do you have any problems getting the ibuprofen? Austin takes Motrin Tab 600 mg twice daily. So a total of 1200 mg daily. His insurance pays for it because it is a prescription.

This is the first time I had to deal with this problem. I didn't think the Motrin was that hard to get so when Austin ran out this morning I called to get a refill.

The pharmacist was kind of snotty. And said that he can't give him generic cause the doctor ordered name brand only. I said yes thats right. Then he gave me this spill on how expensive name brand is and generic is the same as the name brand. And I told him what the doctor told me. He just smirked about it.

The pharmacy told me he could not get it in until monday. And he would have to order a quanity of 500 and something about having to write something off etc. etc. I dont really care just order it. I thought to myself. He also said something about if he knew if people would be on it for a long time it wouldn't matter as much. I said "well Austin will be on it for at least the next 6 years if not more." DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the CF clinic. The nurse said someone called earlier in the week with this problem and the doc told them to go ahead and use generic until the pharmacy gets it in. Because it is beter than taking them off and putting them back on. She also told me about the adek situtation. Switching to aquadek. That was another thing. I asked the pharmacists about that last month when i got Austins refill on that and he said he didn't know anything about that.

So i am going to the store to get some. I called the pharmacy and they said they would have it on monday. He also told me that he called all of the pharmacies around in the two cities beside us and no one has it.

i would switch pharmacies but other than this I have never had any problems with dealing with them. So I will see what else happens.

pnhuffman

If you or your child is on the Ibuprofen therapy do you have any problems getting the ibuprofen? Austin takes Motrin Tab 600 mg twice daily. So a total of 1200 mg daily. His insurance pays for it because it is a prescription.

This is the first time I had to deal with this problem. I didn't think the Motrin was that hard to get so when Austin ran out this morning I called to get a refill.

The pharmacist was kind of snotty. And said that he can't give him generic cause the doctor ordered name brand only. I said yes thats right. Then he gave me this spill on how expensive name brand is and generic is the same as the name brand. And I told him what the doctor told me. He just smirked about it.

The pharmacy told me he could not get it in until monday. And he would have to order a quanity of 500 and something about having to write something off etc. etc. I dont really care just order it. I thought to myself. He also said something about if he knew if people would be on it for a long time it wouldn't matter as much. I said "well Austin will be on it for at least the next 6 years if not more." DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the CF clinic. The nurse said someone called earlier in the week with this problem and the doc told them to go ahead and use generic until the pharmacy gets it in. Because it is beter than taking them off and putting them back on. She also told me about the adek situtation. Switching to aquadek. That was another thing. I asked the pharmacists about that last month when i got Austins refill on that and he said he didn't know anything about that.

So i am going to the store to get some. I called the pharmacy and they said they would have it on monday. He also told me that he called all of the pharmacies around in the two cities beside us and no one has it.

i would switch pharmacies but other than this I have never had any problems with dealing with them. So I will see what else happens.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be switching pharmacies if they keep giving you attitude. I live in a community of about 20,000 (metro area 150,000) and go to a family owned pharmacy and I've never had difficulty ordering anything. If I call, they usually get it in that afternoon or the next morning. The only problem we did have was with ADEKs, the distributor couldn't get them anymore 'cuz the mfg. is switching to aquadeks. CF Services pharmacy still had some adeks, so my doctor wrote a script for them and I had them within two days. We've since switched to aquaadeks, which my pharmacy able to get.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be switching pharmacies if they keep giving you attitude. I live in a community of about 20,000 (metro area 150,000) and go to a family owned pharmacy and I've never had difficulty ordering anything. If I call, they usually get it in that afternoon or the next morning. The only problem we did have was with ADEKs, the distributor couldn't get them anymore 'cuz the mfg. is switching to aquadeks. CF Services pharmacy still had some adeks, so my doctor wrote a script for them and I had them within two days. We've since switched to aquaadeks, which my pharmacy able to get.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Buckeye

I used to have problems like that when I went to my grocery store's pharmacy - they were snotty and kept referring to how much they had to write off as if it was coming out of their paycheck or something. And God forbid they had to actually compound a prescription instead of just counting pills out of a bottle. I switched to my local Walgreens and have gotten to know the pharmacist there and they are fairly easy to deal with. I always talk to the pharmacist though, not the pharmacy techs - pharmacy techs can't do everything behind the counter and don't know what I'm talking about half the time.

Buckeye

I used to have problems like that when I went to my grocery store's pharmacy - they were snotty and kept referring to how much they had to write off as if it was coming out of their paycheck or something. And God forbid they had to actually compound a prescription instead of just counting pills out of a bottle. I switched to my local Walgreens and have gotten to know the pharmacist there and they are fairly easy to deal with. I always talk to the pharmacist though, not the pharmacy techs - pharmacy techs can't do everything behind the counter and don't know what I'm talking about half the time.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

CaliSally

I had a pharmacist pull that crap on me when I was having trouble getting something ..."I really shouldn't keep you patients, it cost more than it's worth..."
I said "that's your problem, don't complain to me about it"
And then I switched to the CF Pharmacy (which I didn't even know about).
It just goes to prove that most in the medical field are their for the prestiege and/or the money, but not for the patient.
Why don't you print out the information about the problem we had with generic enzymes and remind him that "generic IS NOT the same" I hate when they try to feed you that crap - if it was the same, it would cost the same. I will never get generic on CF meds (only tylenol, ibuprofen...)

FYI: ibuprofen is the same as motrin, you just have to take more. Maybe you know that.

CaliSally

I had a pharmacist pull that crap on me when I was having trouble getting something ..."I really shouldn't keep you patients, it cost more than it's worth..."
It just goes to prove that most in the medical field are their for the prestiege and/or the money, but not for the patient.
Why don't you print out the information about the problem we had with generic enzymes and remind him that "generic IS NOT the same" I hate when they try to feed you that crap - if it was the same, it would cost the same. I will never get generic on CF meds (only tylenol, ibuprofen...)

FYI: ibuprofen is the same as motrin, you just have to take more. Maybe you know that.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally