idea to boost calories

mltoliver

We just got back from our gastro physician who made a great suggestion to us.

My daugher LOVES saltine crackers...which have such low calories - of course - that's how it always is for us.

Anyhow, she recommended taking the saltines and layering them on a baking sheet, drizzling them with olive oil or grapeseed oil, and baking them. Then, let them cool and repackage them to add calories and fat to the crackers.

My daugher and I tried this - we also sprinkled a little extra salt - and she loves them!

I'm sure this can work for other snacks too...I'm going to start experimenting.

mltoliver

My daugher LOVES saltine crackers...which have such low calories - of course - that's how it always is for us.

Anyhow, she recommended taking the saltines and layering them on a baking sheet, drizzling them with olive oil or grapeseed oil, and baking them. Then, let them cool and repackage them to add calories and fat to the crackers.

My daugher and I tried this - we also sprinkled a little extra salt - and she loves them!

mltoliver

mltoliver

mltoliver

<br />
<br />My daugher LOVES saltine crackers...which have such low calories - of course - that's how it always is for us.
<br />
<br />Anyhow, she recommended taking the saltines and layering them on a baking sheet, drizzling them with olive oil or grapeseed oil, and baking them. Then, let them cool and repackage them to add calories and fat to the crackers.
<br />
<br />My daugher and I tried this - we also sprinkled a little extra salt - and she loves them!
<br />
<br />I'm sure this can work for other snacks too...I'm going to start experimenting.