Insulin Pump

kbquincy

Did anyone get an insulin pump post transplant? If so, can you swim with the catheter in? Looking for feedback on the positives/negatives of the pump. Thanks, Kim

kbquincy

Did anyone get an insulin pump post transplant? If so, can you swim with the catheter in? Looking for feedback on the positives/negatives of the pump. Thanks, Kim

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy

Skye

The pump is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can disconnect most pumps and shower or swim. I have been CFDR for about 14 years and I would NEVER go back to shots. It is sooooooo much easier to regulate your BS with the pump and you DO NOT have those extreme highs and lows. I don't even feel like I have diabtes. My A1C is ALWAYS less than 6. I have been through a transplant eval. and I am sooooo glad that regulating my BS will not be something I will have to deal with. I have a good friend who is post tx and she was just in the hospital for BS's in the 600 range.......her life would be so much easier with a pump to help get that under control. There is enough to think about post tx and IMHO regulator your BS can be very simple with a pump.....leaving you free to take care of other things. On top of that, keeping your BS in a good range keeps your lungs healthy and prevents you from being vulnerable to other illness. A high blood sugar can wreak havoc on your immune system.

If you have any specific questions, please PM me. You are very smart to be considering this.

Skye

The pump is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can disconnect most pumps and shower or swim. I have been CFDR for about 14 years and I would NEVER go back to shots. It is sooooooo much easier to regulate your BS with the pump and you DO NOT have those extreme highs and lows. I don't even feel like I have diabtes. My A1C is ALWAYS less than 6. I have been through a transplant eval. and I am sooooo glad that regulating my BS will not be something I will have to deal with. I have a good friend who is post tx and she was just in the hospital for BS's in the 600 range.......her life would be so much easier with a pump to help get that under control. There is enough to think about post tx and IMHO regulator your BS can be very simple with a pump.....leaving you free to take care of other things. On top of that, keeping your BS in a good range keeps your lungs healthy and prevents you from being vulnerable to other illness. A high blood sugar can wreak havoc on your immune system.

If you have any specific questions, please PM me. You are very smart to be considering this.

Skye

Skye

Skye

<br />
<br />If you have any specific questions, please PM me. You are very smart to be considering this.