Insurance Questions

Dori

Hello,

My unborn baby will have CF when he is born. Has anyone had issues with their insurance covering treatments/doctors visits?

Has anyone had their insurance say that the CF was a pre-existing condition?

Have you had trouble getting insurance to cover medication?

My husband has great insurance because he is in a union. I'm just wondering if anyone has had issues with good or bad insurance plans. I want to call my insurance company, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by giving them the heads up...

Any advice or help here would be appreciated.

Dori 35 gene carrier/mom to Brandon 13 months carrier/mom to new unborn baby boy who will have CF

Dori

Hello,

My unborn baby will have CF when he is born. Has anyone had issues with their insurance covering treatments/doctors visits?

My husband has great insurance because he is in a union. I'm just wondering if anyone has had issues with good or bad insurance plans. I want to call my insurance company, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by giving them the heads up...

Dori 35 gene carrier/mom to Brandon 13 months carrier/mom to new unborn baby boy who will have CF

Dori

Hello,

Dori

Hello,

Dori

Hello,
<br />
<br />My unborn baby will have CF when he is born. Has anyone had issues with their insurance covering treatments/doctors visits?
<br />
<br />Has anyone had their insurance say that the CF was a pre-existing condition?
<br />
<br />Have you had trouble getting insurance to cover medication?
<br />
<br />My husband has great insurance because he is in a union. I'm just wondering if anyone has had issues with good or bad insurance plans. I want to call my insurance company, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by giving them the heads up...
<br />
<br />Any advice or help here would be appreciated.
<br />
<br />Dori 35 gene carrier/mom to Brandon 13 months carrier/mom to new unborn baby boy who will have CF

MargaritaChic

Our baby girl was born in December with CF. She was dx'ed at 1 week old. I have not had any trouble with my insurance covering any of the meds or equipment (nebs, etc.)

If she is just being born, I don't think they can say pre-existing condition.

Try not to worry about it. If he has good insurance it should be fine. Plus there is a program that covers enzymes & vitmains until your child turns 3 years old.

((Hugs))

MargaritaChic

Our baby girl was born in December with CF. She was dx'ed at 1 week old. I have not had any trouble with my insurance covering any of the meds or equipment (nebs, etc.)

Try not to worry about it. If he has good insurance it should be fine. Plus there is a program that covers enzymes & vitmains until your child turns 3 years old.

((Hugs))

MargaritaChic

((Hugs))

MargaritaChic

((Hugs))

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />If she is just being born, I don't think they can say pre-existing condition.
<br />
<br />Try not to worry about it. If he has good insurance it should be fine. Plus there is a program that covers enzymes & vitmains until your child turns 3 years old.
<br />
<br />((Hugs))

M

Mommafirst

According to HIPPA, an insurance can't claim pre-existing condition as long as you don't let your insurance lapse more than 62 days. If you are insured and add your child immediately on birth, they can't deny you. The only denial would be if you were looking to buy a private insurance plan, not the group insurance your husband has. It is my understanding that most pre-existing clauses would usually only refuse coverage for claims related to that condition for a set period of time (6 months or a year, etc). But, I don't believe a newborn could be refused for pre-existing condition.

M

Mommafirst

According to HIPPA, an insurance can't claim pre-existing condition as long as you don't let your insurance lapse more than 62 days. If you are insured and add your child immediately on birth, they can't deny you. The only denial would be if you were looking to buy a private insurance plan, not the group insurance your husband has. It is my understanding that most pre-existing clauses would usually only refuse coverage for claims related to that condition for a set period of time (6 months or a year, etc). But, I don't believe a newborn could be refused for pre-existing condition.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst