Is the cost of feeding equipment tax deductible?

CFmami

I just found out that The Internal Revenue Service says the cost of breast pumps will now be considered tax deductible medical expenses. Previously, the IRS considered breast pumps to be feeding equipment, not medical devices. My dd is not using a feeding tube yet but I know a lot of our kids need it. Is the cost of the feeding tube considered tax deductible?

CFmami

I just found out that The Internal Revenue Service says the cost of breast pumps will now be considered tax deductible medical expenses. Previously, the IRS considered breast pumps to be feeding equipment, not medical devices. My dd is not using a feeding tube yet but I know a lot of our kids need it. Is the cost of the feeding tube considered tax deductible?

CFmami

LouLou

I believe there is no doubt that anything that requires a prescription is tax deductible so in this sense if the feeding pump is a prescription is a DME(durable medical equipment) and deductible. Now keep in mind only the portion you paid is what is deductible. I would think insurance covers most people's machines.

LouLou

I believe there is no doubt that anything that requires a prescription is tax deductible so in this sense if the feeding pump is a prescription is a DME(durable medical equipment) and deductible. Now keep in mind only the portion you paid is what is deductible. I would think insurance covers most people's machines.

LouLou