Is this going to matter?

M

Mommafirst

Alyssa is set to have her g-tube placed on this coming Friday. Today she's started coughing. It could be nothing, but she doesn't usually cough and it didn't come from a cold or anything. I'll call the CF center tomorrow or Tuesday if it continues, but do you think this will mean postponing the surgery??

M

Mommafirst

Alyssa is set to have her g-tube placed on this coming Friday. Today she's started coughing. It could be nothing, but she doesn't usually cough and it didn't come from a cold or anything. I'll call the CF center tomorrow or Tuesday if it continues, but do you think this will mean postponing the surgery??

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter caught a virus (vomiting) a week before her g-tube surgery. They post-poned her surgery until she was a 100%. My kids sometimes get coughs that last just a few hours. So I would just watch her for the next few days. If it continues, then drs I think do not want to do surgery with her having a cough.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

My daughter caught a virus (vomiting) a week before her g-tube surgery. They post-poned her surgery until she was a 100%. My kids sometimes get coughs that last just a few hours. So I would just watch her for the next few days. If it continues, then drs I think do not want to do surgery with her having a cough.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

holmfamily1992

Did your CF doc want to do a CF "tune up" a couple of days before surgery? They increased Dylan's Albuterol and Chest compressions to 4 times a day 2 days prior. This seemed to keep his lungs perfect for the surgery. If not you might want to ask them if you can do that.

Dylan woke up the morning of his surgery with a stuffy nose. His sounded like he was getting a cold and they ended up giving him his nasonex and things were better.

Tina

holmfamily1992

Did your CF doc want to do a CF "tune up" a couple of days before surgery? They increased Dylan's Albuterol and Chest compressions to 4 times a day 2 days prior. This seemed to keep his lungs perfect for the surgery. If not you might want to ask them if you can do that.

Dylan woke up the morning of his surgery with a stuffy nose. His sounded like he was getting a cold and they ended up giving him his nasonex and things were better.

Tina

holmfamily1992

Tina

holmfamily1992

Tina

holmfamily1992

<br />
<br />Dylan woke up the morning of his surgery with a stuffy nose. His sounded like he was getting a cold and they ended up giving him his nasonex and things were better.
<br />
<br />Tina

Transplantmommy

I would say that if she has a virus or another infection, they will postpone the surgery. Even with transplants, if the person is sick when they get the call, they will not do the transplants. Even though this is kind of reversed, I had just had my colon removed when the docs found out that I was in acute rejection with my new lungs. They would not treat me for the rejection because I had just had the surgery and if they put me on the high doses of steroids for it, it would have hindered my healing from the surgery. It is the same way with having and infection during a surgery. The infection could hinder her healing from the surgery, or worse, whatever infection or virus she may have, could spread.

I hope that she is well and that they can go ahead with the g-tube. Good luck to you and let us know what happens!

Transplantmommy

I would say that if she has a virus or another infection, they will postpone the surgery. Even with transplants, if the person is sick when they get the call, they will not do the transplants. Even though this is kind of reversed, I had just had my colon removed when the docs found out that I was in acute rejection with my new lungs. They would not treat me for the rejection because I had just had the surgery and if they put me on the high doses of steroids for it, it would have hindered my healing from the surgery. It is the same way with having and infection during a surgery. The infection could hinder her healing from the surgery, or worse, whatever infection or virus she may have, could spread.

I hope that she is well and that they can go ahead with the g-tube. Good luck to you and let us know what happens!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I hope that she is well and that they can go ahead with the g-tube. Good luck to you and let us know what happens!