Job ideas

bananagirl

So I recently graduated from high school and my parents are helping me out financially but I would still really like to have some money that I earned myself. With that said I am not really sure what kind of job to get and really where to look for it. I know that I would not make it in a retail or food service type job, since I don't usually have the energy to be standing and moving around for long periods of time and can't lift heavy things much and can't carry for a very long distances with out losing my breath and needing to sit for a few min. So I have figured I would be good in an office type job where I sit most of the time. The problem is I have no idea where I find this kind of job or the kind of office jobs that exist that don't require some sort of degree or are full time since I am going to school as well. I also have thought about an at home job but again don't know what there is or where to look. Any ideas of where to look or jobs would be great!
Thanks

bananagirl

So I recently graduated from high school and my parents are helping me out financially but I would still really like to have some money that I earned myself. With that said I am not really sure what kind of job to get and really where to look for it. I know that I would not make it in a retail or food service type job, since I don't usually have the energy to be standing and moving around for long periods of time and can't lift heavy things much and can't carry for a very long distances with out losing my breath and needing to sit for a few min. So I have figured I would be good in an office type job where I sit most of the time. The problem is I have no idea where I find this kind of job or the kind of office jobs that exist that don't require some sort of degree or are full time since I am going to school as well. I also have thought about an at home job but again don't know what there is or where to look. Any ideas of where to look or jobs would be great!
Thanks

bananagirl

<br />Thanks

tesorotiffa

Are you going to college? I noticed it said you were going to school, so I'm assuming you are! Depending on what you are majoring in, you can always look around the department and see if there are any undergraduate work or research opportunities. I was a chemistry major so I actually got paid pretty well to do projects for a professor. It was an easy enough job that revolved solely around my schedule. Also you can see if there are any part time jobs in the line of work you are majoring in that are set up to give undergrads experience. I also did that as well at a chemical plant. I don't know how much money you're looking to make, but I would think an on campus job would probably be the easiest thing to do. I was going to suggest an office job, but like you said, most of them want a full time person. Oh yeah, check your local hospitals. I worked in Medical Records for about a year while I was going to school. I worked Fri,Sat,Sun nights. I know the days weren't ideal, but it gave me enough money to hang out and have fun... lol. Anyway, they don't require a degree usually, and some of them have PRN systems set up to where you only have to work when they need you to come in. The one I worked at also had part time and full time positions so I got to choose which I wanted to do. You wouldn't be in contact with any patients, Only paperwork!

tesorotiffa

Are you going to college? I noticed it said you were going to school, so I'm assuming you are! Depending on what you are majoring in, you can always look around the department and see if there are any undergraduate work or research opportunities. I was a chemistry major so I actually got paid pretty well to do projects for a professor. It was an easy enough job that revolved solely around my schedule. Also you can see if there are any part time jobs in the line of work you are majoring in that are set up to give undergrads experience. I also did that as well at a chemical plant. I don't know how much money you're looking to make, but I would think an on campus job would probably be the easiest thing to do. I was going to suggest an office job, but like you said, most of them want a full time person. Oh yeah, check your local hospitals. I worked in Medical Records for about a year while I was going to school. I worked Fri,Sat,Sun nights. I know the days weren't ideal, but it gave me enough money to hang out and have fun... lol. Anyway, they don't require a degree usually, and some of them have PRN systems set up to where you only have to work when they need you to come in. The one I worked at also had part time and full time positions so I got to choose which I wanted to do. You wouldn't be in contact with any patients, Only paperwork!

tesorotiffa

schmj4910

How about a call center? You don't need a college degree, just basic phone and computer skills. Be sure to wipe down the keyboard and phone with antibacterial wipes before using them.

schmj4910

How about a call center? You don't need a college degree, just basic phone and computer skills. Be sure to wipe down the keyboard and phone with antibacterial wipes before using them.

schmj4910

KingJames

My advice would be to enroll in school, even if it's part-time, or online, and then apply for an internship. FYI, you can also take something called CLEP tests, and they will provide you with your Freshman credits, then you can enroll as a Sophomore at a school that accepts them (That's the way I'm doing it). An internship will open up vast doors for you, and if you do well, they might offer you a full-time job even before you graduate! Some internships are also fully paid positions, with benefits as well.

PS- I can't tell if you are already past the point of taking any tests to jump ahead in college, but the rest will apply to you regardless ;-)

KingJames

My advice would be to enroll in school, even if it's part-time, or online, and then apply for an internship. FYI, you can also take something called CLEP tests, and they will provide you with your Freshman credits, then you can enroll as a Sophomore at a school that accepts them (That's the way I'm doing it). An internship will open up vast doors for you, and if you do well, they might offer you a full-time job even before you graduate! Some internships are also fully paid positions, with benefits as well.

PS- I can't tell if you are already past the point of taking any tests to jump ahead in college, but the rest will apply to you regardless ;-)

KingJames

<br />
<br />PS- I can't tell if you are already past the point of taking any tests to jump ahead in college, but the rest will apply to you regardless ;-)