Live Life Like You're Dying

kristinsangels

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kristin. I was born with the DeltaF508 gene. I decided to start a blog and tell everyone my day to day life. I feel that it may help some and give others insight. My story started way back when I was a baby. I am now 18 years old and living life to the absolute fullest. People do not understand Cystic Fibrosis. If you do not show a physical disability, nobody thinks twice. My helath is dramatically declining, it really has been bad over the past nine months. I have been on IV antibiotics for 7 weeks at a time. My treatments, meds, and IVs are becoming more frequent. I had IVs the whole month of September, half of October, part of December, all of January, and all of March, April and most of May. I just got done with them. I require oxygen when walking around my ranch home, when before September I only used it at night. I am also writing a book of my life called Angel Wings and Butterfly Kisses. Even though I have this disease, it doesn't define me. I take care of myself like I should and thats so I can be around my friends and family longer. My story is a long one! But I would love to share it.

I will blog tomorrow and tell you more! Thank you for reading and I hope you guys will read my story on here :)

Goodnight!

G

Hi. My son is 17 with the Df508 and my daughter is 12 with the same. They are both healthy and active. It is tough for others to understand. Just wanted to say Hi and to tell you that you are not alone in your struggle. I know that my family and I do understand. *Hugs* Jeri