Looking for info

firey8

Hello~ I have been looking for info about my son and a firend told me to look here. I hope someone can help. My son is 7 and has had lung problems since he was 14 months. He has repeatedly gotten "pnemonia" This year he got whatever it is 5 times. His x rays mirror a CF x ray, but his sweat test is negative. Now the Doctors are saying that he has never had pnemonia but they have mistaken it and that his lungs are actually collapsing in certain areas. THe best diagnosis I can get is severe asthma but for some reason I think they are missing something. He is on Singulair, albuterol and flovent. THey want to take him off flovent and put him on pulmocort in a nebulizer. it seems like he is constantly on prelone also. MY question is could the Drs be missing something is there something else to look for, that I don't know about? Has anyone had anything simulair happen to them...Any help at all would be great!!!! thank you

Emily65Roses

There are often false negatives on CF sweat tests. If you're unsure, which you should be, from what it sounds like... have them do a blood test, instead.

rose4cale

Definitely ask for the genetic blood test. My son had numerous false/negative sweat tests. If you suspect CF, demand it!