Looking into the Abyss

UKBASEDJON

Hi All

Here's a strange thought. I was watching the film the Abyss the other day (released 1989). In it the film indicates that a deep sea diver can breath a type of liquid Oxygen. All very science fiction I thought. But I did a bit of searching around on goggle and found out the this product actually exists. And more than that it has been tested (OK only just) to treat lung damage in humans.

I wonder if one day this type of treatment may help CF patients when their lungs are in a very poor state. If your interested Have a look at this site under medical treatments.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="Http://www.answers.com/topic/liquid-breathing
">Http://www.answers.com/topic/liquid-breathing
</a>
Just a thought

Regards

Jon

CowTown

Hi Jon, I didn't open and read your link yet, so excuse me if I'm way off. Last week I heard that there's a new option for people that need O2, you can either get the regular tank filled style or the liquid oxygen. He said the liquid oxygen's biggest benefit is that it's much lighter to carry around and comes in a nifty over-the-shoulder type of bag that you carry around like a purse. That's all I know and wanted to add.