lots of financial ?'s please help!

JENNYLEE202020

im really stuck in a rut and i need all of your help, my son is on ssi, that is the only reason he has medicade, i stay at home with him, and his father works, we do not qualify for any state help because we make $50 above what you can make, his father has a chance at getting a raise and working more hours, the ssi office told me if he makes to much, my son will get kicked off medicade and loose ssi. we could care less about the ssi check, we just need our son to have medicade. we have called around to get private insurance for our son, but the rates are outrageous expically for medcine, i need to know what you do in order to survive and pay for all the medical expenses. its like were being told that his father has to stay where he is at (only making $12 an hour), and that i can never go to work again until he is 18! ive been going to school full time to get a good job, but i feel like i will never be able to work because if i do, it will all go to medcine and it still may not pay for it all. im so tired of being broke, and its hard to put food on the table seriously. we can barley afford to keep living or going on. plus i love my son so much, he is my everything, but i want to work! i feel like there will never be a hope insight, or never any relief if i am unable to work and his father can never advance, please help and let us know what you do.

thank you so so much!

jenny and ryan

JENNYLEE202020

im really stuck in a rut and i need all of your help, my son is on ssi, that is the only reason he has medicade, i stay at home with him, and his father works, we do not qualify for any state help because we make $50 above what you can make, his father has a chance at getting a raise and working more hours, the ssi office told me if he makes to much, my son will get kicked off medicade and loose ssi. we could care less about the ssi check, we just need our son to have medicade. we have called around to get private insurance for our son, but the rates are outrageous expically for medcine, i need to know what you do in order to survive and pay for all the medical expenses. its like were being told that his father has to stay where he is at (only making $12 an hour), and that i can never go to work again until he is 18! ive been going to school full time to get a good job, but i feel like i will never be able to work because if i do, it will all go to medcine and it still may not pay for it all. im so tired of being broke, and its hard to put food on the table seriously. we can barley afford to keep living or going on. plus i love my son so much, he is my everything, but i want to work! i feel like there will never be a hope insight, or never any relief if i am unable to work and his father can never advance, please help and let us know what you do.

thank you so so much!

jenny and ryan

JENNYLEE202020

<br />
<br />thank you so so much!
<br />
<br />jenny and ryan
<br />

camperscove

Our son does not qualify for SSI because he's on TEFRA which is a Medicaid program in Alaska. In order to qualify for TEFRA, you have to apply and have "proof", basically all of his medical information, sent before a review board who then "certifies" that your diagnosis is a medical disability. The TEFRA coverage is based on the applicants income, and being that he's 5, he has none. I know that Alaska is a state with really good Medicaid coverage and some states just don't. It might really be worth your time and emotional energy to contact a care coordinator who can do all the research for you. Also, be sure and contact your CF Center's social worker right away! This is something they would love to help you with! Good luck!

camperscove

Our son does not qualify for SSI because he's on TEFRA which is a Medicaid program in Alaska. In order to qualify for TEFRA, you have to apply and have "proof", basically all of his medical information, sent before a review board who then "certifies" that your diagnosis is a medical disability. The TEFRA coverage is based on the applicants income, and being that he's 5, he has none. I know that Alaska is a state with really good Medicaid coverage and some states just don't. It might really be worth your time and emotional energy to contact a care coordinator who can do all the research for you. Also, be sure and contact your CF Center's social worker right away! This is something they would love to help you with! Good luck!

camperscove