low blood sugar

tacos99

My daughter has been on bactrim and nasonex for a little over a week. A day or so after starting it, she began saying she felt that her blood sugar was low and she was starving and sleepy. She does not have CFRD but does know what low blood sugar feels like having had steroid induced Cushings syndrome last summer. She was on insulin from July til Sept of last year. Her blood sugar has been running about 10-15 points lower than normal.

She had a bit of a cough earlier this month and was put on Levaquin but when that didn't work we switched to the Bactrim and Nasonex. I spoke to her nurse practitioner and she felt it was the extreme heat (Temp has been around 100 for about a week around here) and nothing to do with the meds. Has anyone ever dealt with lower blood sugar because of heat or meds?

tacos99

My daughter has been on bactrim and nasonex for a little over a week. A day or so after starting it, she began saying she felt that her blood sugar was low and she was starving and sleepy. She does not have CFRD but does know what low blood sugar feels like having had steroid induced Cushings syndrome last summer. She was on insulin from July til Sept of last year. Her blood sugar has been running about 10-15 points lower than normal.

She had a bit of a cough earlier this month and was put on Levaquin but when that didn't work we switched to the Bactrim and Nasonex. I spoke to her nurse practitioner and she felt it was the extreme heat (Temp has been around 100 for about a week around here) and nothing to do with the meds. Has anyone ever dealt with lower blood sugar because of heat or meds?

tacos99

<br />
<br />She had a bit of a cough earlier this month and was put on Levaquin but when that didn't work we switched to the Bactrim and Nasonex. I spoke to her nurse practitioner and she felt it was the extreme heat (Temp has been around 100 for about a week around here) and nothing to do with the meds. Has anyone ever dealt with lower blood sugar because of heat or meds?