lung damage

cfboy

i had my annual yesterday. and the doc said i damaged my lower left lobe of my lung. my vitamin d levels are lowest he has ever seen. and my liver functions are too high. wat should i do?

thelizardqueen

All I can say, is that once you've got damage in your lungs, you can never get that part of your lung back. Just keep exercising, doing your treatments, etc. Lung damage is a part of CF. Maybe you could also increase your vitamin intake. Do you take ADEKs?

anonymous

What exactly are ADEKS? My 9 yr old boy takes 2 multivitamins and 1 vit e a day. Does that sound like enough vitamins? I guess the labs most be OK or they would have addressed it. But wondering about ADEK too.
Mother of 9yr old boy wcf

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is on ADEKs twice a day, plus a vitamin K tablet once a day. Plus his doctor since day one has had us put a drop of vitamin A and a drop of vitamin E in his milk -- chocolate -- 'cuz vitamin A usually comes from fish. Did you ask your doctor what he suggested regarding the vitamin levels? Did he suggest increasing CPT (or the vest) to keep your lungs happy and healthy? Liza mom to a 2 1/2 year old wcf

anonymous

Vitamins A, D, E, and K. The fat soluble vitamins are sometimes grouped together and designated by the abbreviation, ADEK.

anonymous

ADEKs is better for people with cf than "normal" multivitamins because the normally fat-soluable vitamins are "prepared" in a special way, so that our body can also use them without fat.

Uli,43,Germany

Rokiss12

i really like ABDEK's.... which is the same idea as adek's, but its got more in it, and its A TON easier to swollow... its like a gell pill or w/e. i like it alot more!