LWsMom

anonymous

Hi this is my first time on here I have a daughter that is 7yr and she has CF diagnosed at birth. We are trying to put weight on her need some advise. She is 48inches tall and weights 48 pounds.

thelizardqueen

Scandishake supplements. They work great, and put weight on. Add extra calories to all your meals, like butter, cream, oil, etc. When I have mashed potatos, I add butter, sour cream and cream to them for added calories.

anonymous

Thanks but my daughter is so picking she won't any kind of potatoes. We have been giving her milk shakes in the evening with Nestle Carnation in it she likes it but doesn't want it all of the time. Gets tired of it. She is pretty picky eater.

anonymous

WOW WHEN I READ THIS I THOUGHT DID I POST. I ALSO HAVE A 7YO SAME INCHES AND WEIGHT UNTIL RECENTLY.SHE LOVES TO EAT FRIED CHICKEN SO WE GIVE HER THAT ALOT. IT IS HARD TO KEEP THE WEIGHT ON BUT I MAKE SURE SHE EATS EVERY 2-3 HRS. THEN I REWARD HER WITH GUMMY BEARS. SHE JUST WENT BACK TO THE DR AND HAD A WEIGHT GAIN 52LBS.

anonymous

OOPS I SAID SHE HAD A WEIGHT GAIN OF 52LBS THATS IS IMPOSSIBLE! 4 LBS. IS YOUR DAUGHTER PICKY OR IS ALREADY CONCERNED ABOUT WEIGHT BECAUSE IN OUR HOUSE WE ALWAYS WERE TALKING ABOUT THAT SHE NEEDED TO GAIN WEGHT AND IT WAS ACTUALLY MAKING HER NOT WANT TO EAT, BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT THAT WE WERE TRYING TO MAKE HER FAT! SO I TOLD HER ABOUT FOOD BEING FUEL FOR HER BODY AND THAT WE NEED TO FILL IT UP LIKE THE CAR. EVERYONES BODY IS DIFFERENT AND SOME BODIES NEEDED MORE FUEL (FAT AND PROTEIN) IT HAS BEEN WORKING (4LBS.) EACH WEEK I ASK HER TO MAKE A LIST OF FOOD SHE WOULD LIKE TO EAT FOR SCHOOL LUNCHES AND THAT HAS BEEN WORKING OUT . HOPE EVERYTHING GOES OKAY.

julie

Ice cream, sour cream on anything she can stand it on, cottage cheese, yogurt, butter on EVERYTHING, Hot chocolate out of protein shake powder (Mark and I recently discovered this, it tastes just like hot chocolate-delicious). As the other mom mentioned, fried chicken, and also peanutbutter, WHEAT bread, brown rice, eggs (cooked any way).

Sprinkle that scandi-cal powder on everything you can before she sees it. It's tasteless and if she doesn't know it's there, she probably won't ever say anything about it.

You said she doesn't like potatoes, does she like french fries? French fries with ranch, french fries with katsup, french fries with sour cream, french fries without anything on them, french fries with cheese... You can also turn the carnation drinks or protein shakes into a milk shake with some vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup and some scandi-cal powder.

Just a few ideas, good luck. I am a picky eater and I don't have CF, so I feel your pain because I know how much my husband, who DOES have CF struggles to get me to eat when nothing sounds good to me.