Lynazolid WARNING!

MusicalCFGirl

hey guys

This is a heads up for all of you guys about Lynazolid. I was put on this antibiotic May 2006 and at the end of august, the tops of my feet started to feel numb. This numbness travelled to my toes and proceeded half way up my legs! so my toes up to half way up my legs, were totally NUMB! We called the doctors and they told us to sop immediately (this was in the middle of sept.). This antibiotic had actually damaged my nerves. so once i was off the antibiotic, the pain came!!! Its like an alcoholic going cold turkey. Its unberable at times so im on a high dose of pain killer, but these havent helped yet (been on them for 3 weeks) because they need time to coat all of my nerves. I cannot walk because the pain is so real so i use a wheelchair. i have missed so much school that i have to be home schooled until this gets better. They say it will take months for this pain to go and more time than that for my nerves to heal and my numbness to go away. And hey, no one wants another antibiotic added to their list of pills, and now this happens. So ya, just a heads up incase you are put on this to contact the doctor that gave you it and ask him about this side affect (this numbness is not listed as one of the side affects on this antibiotic). So everyone, heads up and always be aware of wat your on....thats wat ive learnt.

Kristi

MusicalCFGirl

hey guys

This is a heads up for all of you guys about Lynazolid. I was put on this antibiotic May 2006 and at the end of august, the tops of my feet started to feel numb. This numbness travelled to my toes and proceeded half way up my legs! so my toes up to half way up my legs, were totally NUMB! We called the doctors and they told us to sop immediately (this was in the middle of sept.). This antibiotic had actually damaged my nerves. so once i was off the antibiotic, the pain came!!! Its like an alcoholic going cold turkey. Its unberable at times so im on a high dose of pain killer, but these havent helped yet (been on them for 3 weeks) because they need time to coat all of my nerves. I cannot walk because the pain is so real so i use a wheelchair. i have missed so much school that i have to be home schooled until this gets better. They say it will take months for this pain to go and more time than that for my nerves to heal and my numbness to go away. And hey, no one wants another antibiotic added to their list of pills, and now this happens. So ya, just a heads up incase you are put on this to contact the doctor that gave you it and ask him about this side affect (this numbness is not listed as one of the side affects on this antibiotic). So everyone, heads up and always be aware of wat your on....thats wat ive learnt.

Kristi

MusicalCFGirl

hey guys

Kristi

Jane

Digital opinion leader
The same thing happened to my kids from linezolid, but we caught it before they had permanent damage. Their numbness did go away after a while.

That stinks for you! It is listed as a side effect on the med info. Your doctor should have monitored you while you were on it. I really hope you get better soon.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
The same thing happened to my kids from linezolid, but we caught it before they had permanent damage. Their numbness did go away after a while.

That stinks for you! It is listed as a side effect on the med info. Your doctor should have monitored you while you were on it. I really hope you get better soon.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

blopunky

Hey! I'm sorry for your pain, on top of everything else.  Do
you know what family this anti. b. is in? I have never heard of it
before. The only ones that my son has had are augmenton and cipro.
Thanks, blopunky's mom

blopunky

Thanks, blopunky's mom

blopunky

Thanks, blopunky's mom

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>blopunky</b></i>

Do
you know what family this anti. b. is in? blopunky's mom</end quote></div>

Here's some info:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linezolid
">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linezolid
</a>

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Do

Here's some info:
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linezolid
</a>

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Do

Here's some info:
</a>