may relocate to SC - Weather affect CF and nearby clinics

STET

We recently visited friends in Murrells Inlet SC (near Myrtle Beach) and we are thinking of relocating. Does anyone live in this state that can tell me how the weather affects their health? We currently live in PA and the winters are most tuff on my husband who is 37. Is there a clinic and hospital near by that specialize in CF or provide good care for it? We would only think about relocating if we can find one that will work well for him and will not be too far. Any help would be great! Thanks!

STET

We recently visited friends in Murrells Inlet SC (near Myrtle Beach) and we are thinking of relocating. Does anyone live in this state that can tell me how the weather affects their health? We currently live in PA and the winters are most tuff on my husband who is 37. Is there a clinic and hospital near by that specialize in CF or provide good care for it? We would only think about relocating if we can find one that will work well for him and will not be too far. Any help would be great! Thanks!

STET

STET

STET

JennifersHope

I just moved to SC about a year ago from NJ.. I love it here weather wise... It is tough in the summer months, mostly August.. I have found it easier to adjust to the hot weather though then I was the cold weather.. In general just not using heat in my house has helped my breathing so much.

I live in the Columbia area and I am seen by a CF doctor there.. Right now my CF nurse left, (without saying good bye which really upset me but anyway) my doctor is really good.

My team in NJ recommended me going to MUSC that is in Charleston .. They seem to be at the same level my clinic in NJ was according to my doctor.

I don't know about CF centers in your exact area but you can contact the CFF.org to find out.

The one thing that I encountered here instead of NJ is allergies.. I never had allergies before and I do now.. something always seems to be blooming..

Good luck with your decision

JennifersHope

I just moved to SC about a year ago from NJ.. I love it here weather wise... It is tough in the summer months, mostly August.. I have found it easier to adjust to the hot weather though then I was the cold weather.. In general just not using heat in my house has helped my breathing so much.

I live in the Columbia area and I am seen by a CF doctor there.. Right now my CF nurse left, (without saying good bye which really upset me but anyway) my doctor is really good.

My team in NJ recommended me going to MUSC that is in Charleston .. They seem to be at the same level my clinic in NJ was according to my doctor.

I don't know about CF centers in your exact area but you can contact the CFF.org to find out.

The one thing that I encountered here instead of NJ is allergies.. I never had allergies before and I do now.. something always seems to be blooming..

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I live in the Columbia area and I am seen by a CF doctor there.. Right now my CF nurse left, (without saying good bye which really upset me but anyway) my doctor is really good.
<br />
<br />My team in NJ recommended me going to MUSC that is in Charleston .. They seem to be at the same level my clinic in NJ was according to my doctor.
<br />
<br />I don't know about CF centers in your exact area but you can contact the CFF.org to find out.
<br />
<br />The one thing that I encountered here instead of NJ is allergies.. I never had allergies before and I do now.. something always seems to be blooming..
<br />
<br />Good luck with your decision

ConqueringCF

Hi, Ironically we're considering moving from PA to NJ (coastal areas), mainly for the benefit of the salt air. We're a little interested in West Long Branch. We have a 4 year old with CF and are currently at Johns Hopkins in MD. We'd probably see Dr. Scanlin if we move. Can I ask how the weather was in NJ? Were you in South or North? It's a hard decision--you want to live in the "best" area but there are many factors. I wish you the best in SC. I heard it's a wonderful place to live, and the CF doctors seem good in the south.

ConqueringCF

Hi, Ironically we're considering moving from PA to NJ (coastal areas), mainly for the benefit of the salt air. We're a little interested in West Long Branch. We have a 4 year old with CF and are currently at Johns Hopkins in MD. We'd probably see Dr. Scanlin if we move. Can I ask how the weather was in NJ? Were you in South or North? It's a hard decision--you want to live in the "best" area but there are many factors. I wish you the best in SC. I heard it's a wonderful place to live, and the CF doctors seem good in the south.

ConqueringCF

ConqueringCF

ConqueringCF

ConqueringCF

ConqueringCF

ConqueringCF

ConqueringCF

ConqueringCF