MEDICARE AND HOSPITALIZATION INSURANCE

kdmr1220

MY MADICARE REP TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS TO COUNT MY AFLAC AS INCOME. SHE SAID I HAVE TO CALL HER AFTER I GET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND TELL HER WHAT I WILL BE RECEIVING SO SHE CAN REPORT IT THE FOLLOWING MONTH. I HAVE MAPP IT IS MADICARE ASSISTANT PURCHASE PLAN WHICH DOES GO BUY YOUR INCOME. BUT IF YOU DONT COUNT IT ON YOUR TAXES HOW CAN YOU COUNT IT AS INCOME FOR THIS. I THINK I WOULD LOSE MY MEDICARE FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH BECAUSE MY INCOME IS OVER THE LIMIT. ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

kdmr1220

MY MADICARE REP TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS TO COUNT MY AFLAC AS INCOME. SHE SAID I HAVE TO CALL HER AFTER I GET OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND TELL HER WHAT I WILL BE RECEIVING SO SHE CAN REPORT IT THE FOLLOWING MONTH. I HAVE MAPP IT IS MADICARE ASSISTANT PURCHASE PLAN WHICH DOES GO BUY YOUR INCOME. BUT IF YOU DONT COUNT IT ON YOUR TAXES HOW CAN YOU COUNT IT AS INCOME FOR THIS. I THINK I WOULD LOSE MY MEDICARE FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTH BECAUSE MY INCOME IS OVER THE LIMIT. ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

kdmr1220

JazzysMom

Medicare should not be affected.

Medicaid would as with any programs through Medicaid.....any income that is traceable (paperwork) they can take into consideration. This is why many people work off the books so no papertrail to show that $$

This is not uncommon & most hospital insurance asks on the claim form if you have Medicaid or any Government Assistance....

It sucks, but for now that wont change if ever!

JazzysMom

Medicaid would as with any programs through Medicaid.....any income that is traceable (paperwork) they can take into consideration. This is why many people work off the books so no papertrail to show that $$

This is not uncommon & most hospital insurance asks on the claim form if you have Medicaid or any Government Assistance....

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Medicaid would as with any programs through Medicaid.....any income that is traceable (paperwork) they can take into consideration. This is why many people work off the books so no papertrail to show that $$
<br />
<br />This is not uncommon & most hospital insurance asks on the claim form if you have Medicaid or any Government Assistance....
<br />
<br />It sucks, but for now that wont change if ever!

julie

Are you on medicaid through your state, or medicare through the government? They are two very different programs.

With medicaid, anything and everything coming into your pocket is considered income.

Have you considered trying to apply for SSDI or are you planning to go back to working?

julie

Are you on medicaid through your state, or medicare through the government? They are two very different programs.

With medicaid, anything and everything coming into your pocket is considered income.

Have you considered trying to apply for SSDI or are you planning to go back to working?

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />With medicaid, anything and everything coming into your pocket is considered income.
<br />
<br />Have you considered trying to apply for SSDI or are you planning to go back to working?