Meeting others with CF?

T

Tigrastic

Hey, I have not met anyone else with CF, though I would like to. I suggested this to my dad about a year ago, but he said that meeting would be ok, but being good friends would be more difficult because we would not be able to help each other physically, in another sense we would just get each other more sick.
I'm not sure if it would be like that. As for me I would really like to know someone who is going through the same things, but then, I haven't had that oportunity yet.
*Mitchie*

T

Tigrastic

Hey, I have not met anyone else with CF, though I would like to. I suggested this to my dad about a year ago, but he said that meeting would be ok, but being good friends would be more difficult because we would not be able to help each other physically, in another sense we would just get each other more sick.
I'm not sure if it would be like that. As for me I would really like to know someone who is going through the same things, but then, I haven't had that oportunity yet.
*Mitchie*

T

Tigrastic

*Mitchie*

T

Tigrastic

*Mitchie*

T

Tigrastic

<br />I'm not sure if it would be like that. As for me I would really like to know someone who is going through the same things, but then, I haven't had that oportunity yet.
<br />*Mitchie*

catluvsjpl4ever

I do not have CF but my fiancee does and my first cousin does!! They are in different stages of CF, but I get information from the both and share the info! They have limited contact with one another, but their parents went to school together and have in the past contacted one another for advice!! I think it has helped my fiancee to know that someone else has it! When he was younger he had CF friends, but then they realized CF patients weren't good for each other!! His parents kept him updated on the other kids and he was able to talk to them!! I think it is great to know other people who are going through the same thing!! True you need to limit the face to face contact, but being able to talk would be great!! I'm anxious for my fiancee to get to the adult clinic so i can meet families caring for CF patients and other CFers

catluvsjpl4ever

I do not have CF but my fiancee does and my first cousin does!! They are in different stages of CF, but I get information from the both and share the info! They have limited contact with one another, but their parents went to school together and have in the past contacted one another for advice!! I think it has helped my fiancee to know that someone else has it! When he was younger he had CF friends, but then they realized CF patients weren't good for each other!! His parents kept him updated on the other kids and he was able to talk to them!! I think it is great to know other people who are going through the same thing!! True you need to limit the face to face contact, but being able to talk would be great!! I'm anxious for my fiancee to get to the adult clinic so i can meet families caring for CF patients and other CFers

catluvsjpl4ever

catluvsjpl4ever

catluvsjpl4ever

mellybean17

I have CF friends, a bunch from CF walks, and a couple I've met in the hospital, as far as getting sick from each other and stuff, well it hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will, I mean they used to have CF camps for crying out loud! But yeah, I hang out with CF-ers and even visit them in the hospital, I think it's a great way to learn more about yourself and others, and it's so cool to see other people like taking enzymes & doing treatments, but I love it & strongly recomend it.

mellybean17

I have CF friends, a bunch from CF walks, and a couple I've met in the hospital, as far as getting sick from each other and stuff, well it hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will, I mean they used to have CF camps for crying out loud! But yeah, I hang out with CF-ers and even visit them in the hospital, I think it's a great way to learn more about yourself and others, and it's so cool to see other people like taking enzymes & doing treatments, but I love it & strongly recomend it.

mellybean17

mellybean17

mellybean17