MI in my newborn

jenstem

Hi there,
My son is just over 1 week old and in the hospital recovering from surgery to correct a rupture caused by MI. This is really scary and everything has been touch and go. I have only talked to people with infants with little to no symptoms. If anyone has experience with this, I would love some advice. We feel so lucky to have such great resources as this site as we adjust to our new diagnoses.

Jenny
Mom to Gage 4 yrs w/o CF, and Kody 1 week old with CF

jenstem

Hi there,
My son is just over 1 week old and in the hospital recovering from surgery to correct a rupture caused by MI. This is really scary and everything has been touch and go. I have only talked to people with infants with little to no symptoms. If anyone has experience with this, I would love some advice. We feel so lucky to have such great resources as this site as we adjust to our new diagnoses.

Jenny

jenstem

Hi there,

Jenny

jenstem

Hi there,

Jenny

jenstem

Hi there,
<br />My son is just over 1 week old and in the hospital recovering from surgery to correct a rupture caused by MI. This is really scary and everything has been touch and go. I have only talked to people with infants with little to no symptoms. If anyone has experience with this, I would love some advice. We feel so lucky to have such great resources as this site as we adjust to our new diagnoses.
<br />
<br />Jenny
<br />Mom to Gage 4 yrs w/o CF, and Kody 1 week old with CF

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Feel free to ask any questions. DS had surgery the day after he was born, almost 6 years ago. We went thru similar concerns, issues.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Feel free to ask any questions. DS had surgery the day after he was born, almost 6 years ago. We went thru similar concerns, issues.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

U

usedtobeinca

Ditto - our son had MI corrective surgery at 10hrs old; all the same issues and concerns. I know it can be a very scary time - but you have every reason to feel optimistic. How is his weight gain? Any ostomy bags or is his gut intact? Just need to buckle in and hang on for now - he will turn the corner and get through this. Feel free to PM

U

usedtobeinca

Ditto - our son had MI corrective surgery at 10hrs old; all the same issues and concerns. I know it can be a very scary time - but you have every reason to feel optimistic. How is his weight gain? Any ostomy bags or is his gut intact? Just need to buckle in and hang on for now - he will turn the corner and get through this. Feel free to PM

U

usedtobeinca

U

usedtobeinca

U

usedtobeinca

karfitzsmith

Hi Jenny:
9 months ago, I was in your exact position! My son, was born with MI and taken on day 2 of his life for emergency bowel surgery. They cleared as much of the bowel as they could, repaired the part that had ruptured and brought his intestines to the surface of his stomach where he recovered for 7 weeks with a colostomy bag. He then had a second surgery to be "re-attached", recovered for about two weeks, starting feeding eventually and we too, waited and waited for the first poopy diaper. WHAT a joy to see it. My son was in the NICU for 67 days. The hardest time of my life...the way I was able to get through was by forums like this, talking to other people who had kids in the NICU and knowing that one day he will be home with you and you will look back and wonder, "how did we get through that". YOU will.....stay strong and take one day at a time. We worried only about his surgeries while he was in the NICU and planned to worry about CF when he was home. That helped us alot....

Peace, prayers and positive energy coming your way!

Mom to Brady, 9months yesterday and doing well!

karfitzsmith

Hi Jenny:
9 months ago, I was in your exact position! My son, was born with MI and taken on day 2 of his life for emergency bowel surgery. They cleared as much of the bowel as they could, repaired the part that had ruptured and brought his intestines to the surface of his stomach where he recovered for 7 weeks with a colostomy bag. He then had a second surgery to be "re-attached", recovered for about two weeks, starting feeding eventually and we too, waited and waited for the first poopy diaper. WHAT a joy to see it. My son was in the NICU for 67 days. The hardest time of my life...the way I was able to get through was by forums like this, talking to other people who had kids in the NICU and knowing that one day he will be home with you and you will look back and wonder, "how did we get through that". YOU will.....stay strong and take one day at a time. We worried only about his surgeries while he was in the NICU and planned to worry about CF when he was home. That helped us alot....

karfitzsmith

Hi Jenny:

karfitzsmith

Hi Jenny:

karfitzsmith

Hi Jenny:
<br />9 months ago, I was in your exact position! My son, was born with MI and taken on day 2 of his life for emergency bowel surgery. They cleared as much of the bowel as they could, repaired the part that had ruptured and brought his intestines to the surface of his stomach where he recovered for 7 weeks with a colostomy bag. He then had a second surgery to be "re-attached", recovered for about two weeks, starting feeding eventually and we too, waited and waited for the first poopy diaper. WHAT a joy to see it. My son was in the NICU for 67 days. The hardest time of my life...the way I was able to get through was by forums like this, talking to other people who had kids in the NICU and knowing that one day he will be home with you and you will look back and wonder, "how did we get through that". YOU will.....stay strong and take one day at a time. We worried only about his surgeries while he was in the NICU and planned to worry about CF when he was home. That helped us alot....
<br />
<br />Peace, prayers and positive energy coming your way!
<br />
<br />Mom to Brady, 9months yesterday and doing well!