mickey button

iwantmypup

I have one, got it last month actually.
I agree with justimore, it's not going to be pulled out easily at all.
I haven't really noticed the feeling full..its no different then when I had my PEG, and I don't eat breakfast usually so it wasn't a big of a deal.
Apperance...I have the Mic-Key, which I've read is bulkier than some of the other options. It really doesn't bother me that much..When I was wearing my one piece swimsuit, everyone asked me if I had a belly button piercing, lol.

I haven't had to deal with replacing yet so I can't answer your questions on that.

I hope this helped a little!

iwantmypup

I haven't really noticed the feeling full..its no different then when I had my PEG, and I don't eat breakfast usually so it wasn't a big of a deal.
Apperance...I have the Mic-Key, which I've read is bulkier than some of the other options. It really doesn't bother me that much..When I was wearing my one piece swimsuit, everyone asked me if I had a belly button piercing, lol.

I haven't had to deal with replacing yet so I can't answer your questions on that.

iwantmypup

iwantmypup

iwantmypup

<br />I agree with justimore, it's not going to be pulled out easily at all.
<br />I haven't really noticed the feeling full..its no different then when I had my PEG, and I don't eat breakfast usually so it wasn't a big of a deal.
<br />Apperance...I have the Mic-Key, which I've read is bulkier than some of the other options. It really doesn't bother me that much..When I was wearing my one piece swimsuit, everyone asked me if I had a belly button piercing, lol.
<br />
<br />I haven't had to deal with replacing yet so I can't answer your questions on that.
<br />
<br />I hope this helped a little!

soderick

I got the PEG placed last August because the doc wouldn't put in the Mickey Button at first, and then I had it replaced with the Mickey 4 months later. That is not a fun process--get the Mickey placed originally if possible--but I'm very happy I did it. At first, I had a few reflux problems because the formula I use gets rather acidic once it hits your stomach, but I got used to it easily. After nearly a year of using it, I've noticed that my stomach has stretched, so I can eat larger meals. I gained 15 pounds in 6 months and am almost up to my goal weight!

I have only replaced mine once, but it was painless. I did it under a nurse's supervision, and I'm nervous to try on my own. I'm sure you could ask a nurse to do it at your clinic visits if you're uncomfortable. Check out this video on youtube. It helped me understand how changing the tube would be: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4ePSBiCTk
">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4ePSBiCTk
</a>
I agree that it won't be coming out on its own. In fact, when I deflated the balloon to remove it, I had to tug much harder than I expected. I am quite active and catch it on things occasionally, and it never comes out. It just gets a bit sore. I don't really have a problem with leakage, either. That was one thing that made me hesitant to get one--stories about leakage. It does leak occasionally, but not badly at all.

I don't think the Mickey is an eyesore, especially after having the PEG. I wear a bikini to the beach and run in a sports bra. If people ask, I explain. If they stare, I let them. I was shy about it at first, but I quickly got over it. I have never looked into the other options. I hear they have lower-profile options, but I am happy with the Mickey.

soderick

I got the PEG placed last August because the doc wouldn't put in the Mickey Button at first, and then I had it replaced with the Mickey 4 months later. That is not a fun process--get the Mickey placed originally if possible--but I'm very happy I did it. At first, I had a few reflux problems because the formula I use gets rather acidic once it hits your stomach, but I got used to it easily. After nearly a year of using it, I've noticed that my stomach has stretched, so I can eat larger meals. I gained 15 pounds in 6 months and am almost up to my goal weight!

I have only replaced mine once, but it was painless. I did it under a nurse's supervision, and I'm nervous to try on my own. I'm sure you could ask a nurse to do it at your clinic visits if you're uncomfortable. Check out this video on youtube. It helped me understand how changing the tube would be: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4ePSBiCTk
</a>
I agree that it won't be coming out on its own. In fact, when I deflated the balloon to remove it, I had to tug much harder than I expected. I am quite active and catch it on things occasionally, and it never comes out. It just gets a bit sore. I don't really have a problem with leakage, either. That was one thing that made me hesitant to get one--stories about leakage. It does leak occasionally, but not badly at all.

I don't think the Mickey is an eyesore, especially after having the PEG. I wear a bikini to the beach and run in a sports bra. If people ask, I explain. If they stare, I let them. I was shy about it at first, but I quickly got over it. I have never looked into the other options. I hear they have lower-profile options, but I am happy with the Mickey.

soderick

</a>

soderick

</a>

soderick

<br />
<br />I have only replaced mine once, but it was painless. I did it under a nurse's supervision, and I'm nervous to try on my own. I'm sure you could ask a nurse to do it at your clinic visits if you're uncomfortable. Check out this video on youtube. It helped me understand how changing the tube would be: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4ePSBiCTk
</a><br />
<br />I agree that it won't be coming out on its own. In fact, when I deflated the balloon to remove it, I had to tug much harder than I expected. I am quite active and catch it on things occasionally, and it never comes out. It just gets a bit sore. I don't really have a problem with leakage, either. That was one thing that made me hesitant to get one--stories about leakage. It does leak occasionally, but not badly at all.
<br />
<br />I don't think the Mickey is an eyesore, especially after having the PEG. I wear a bikini to the beach and run in a sports bra. If people ask, I explain. If they stare, I let them. I was shy about it at first, but I quickly got over it. I have never looked into the other options. I hear they have lower-profile options, but I am happy with the Mickey.

soderick

Well, I've read that some people have stomach contents leak out. I don't. I just have a small amount of discharge. Honestly, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe just some stomach fluids, or maybe just some mucus-like discharge because there's a giant, irritating hole in your abdominal wall. I had a much bigger problem with the PEG than the Mickey with leakage. That was actual stomach stuff. It caused oil stains on my shirts and smelled terrible, especially the one time I forgot enzymes with the formula!! Never had that problem with the Mickey.

soderick

Well, I've read that some people have stomach contents leak out. I don't. I just have a small amount of discharge. Honestly, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe just some stomach fluids, or maybe just some mucus-like discharge because there's a giant, irritating hole in your abdominal wall. I had a much bigger problem with the PEG than the Mickey with leakage. That was actual stomach stuff. It caused oil stains on my shirts and smelled terrible, especially the one time I forgot enzymes with the formula!! Never had that problem with the Mickey.

soderick

soderick

soderick