Milia? Clogged Pores from heat/salty skin

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS has always developed a bit of a heat like rash during the summer. And he's always had little white spots (milia?) that look like clogged pores on his cheeks. This week his grandparents were in town and he insisted on sleeping with them and he woke up after a nap and said his face was scratchy -- kept rubbing his cheeks. Figured he got really sweaty during his nap.

Anyway, DH put some ointment that we got last summer for a rash he'd developed and he said he felt much better. They didn't look rosy/inflamed anymore.

He is a bit young to have acne -- he's only 4. Do I need to be using some sort of antibacterial soap, ointment on his face? I don't want him to develop any scars because of this. I googled toddler acne, which is what this sorta sounds like and they pretty much indicate it should be left alone as it will go away on its own after a few weeks -- he's had this for as long as I can remember.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS has always developed a bit of a heat like rash during the summer. And he's always had little white spots (milia?) that look like clogged pores on his cheeks. This week his grandparents were in town and he insisted on sleeping with them and he woke up after a nap and said his face was scratchy -- kept rubbing his cheeks. Figured he got really sweaty during his nap.

Anyway, DH put some ointment that we got last summer for a rash he'd developed and he said he felt much better. They didn't look rosy/inflamed anymore.

He is a bit young to have acne -- he's only 4. Do I need to be using some sort of antibacterial soap, ointment on his face? I don't want him to develop any scars because of this. I googled toddler acne, which is what this sorta sounds like and they pretty much indicate it should be left alone as it will go away on its own after a few weeks -- he's had this for as long as I can remember.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member