Milk with DHA

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
the other day I picked up carton of whole milk with DHA in it to mix up with DS Carnation instant breakfast. I had gotten a dollar off coupon online. I seem to recall DS' formula had DHA in it.

Anyhoo, I don't know where the DHA is derived from with this brand, but to me it smelled and tasted fishy. Bleah! DS didn't seem to notice or mind it, but bleah!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
the other day I picked up carton of whole milk with DHA in it to mix up with DS Carnation instant breakfast. I had gotten a dollar off coupon online. I seem to recall DS' formula had DHA in it.

Anyhoo, I don't know where the DHA is derived from with this brand, but to me it smelled and tasted fishy. Bleah! DS didn't seem to notice or mind it, but bleah!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Anyhoo, I don't know where the DHA is derived from with this brand, but to me it smelled and tasted fishy. Bleah! DS didn't seem to notice or mind it, but bleah!

mariahsmommy

I know you posted this a while back, but I have done a lot of research on DHA and ARA that are added to many infant formulas. I recently took my daughter off of Enfamil Lipil with the DHA in it and switched to Baby's Only Organic Dairy formula. Most formulas have DHA and ARA added to them to promote brain and eye development made by Martek Bioscieces Corp. What I found is that it is extracted from an algae and a fungus. The oil DHA and ARA is hexane extracted which is a gasoline refining by-product. It is also bleached and deoderized, not something I want to give to my daughter.

mariahsmommy

I know you posted this a while back, but I have done a lot of research on DHA and ARA that are added to many infant formulas. I recently took my daughter off of Enfamil Lipil with the DHA in it and switched to Baby's Only Organic Dairy formula. Most formulas have DHA and ARA added to them to promote brain and eye development made by Martek Bioscieces Corp. What I found is that it is extracted from an algae and a fungus. The oil DHA and ARA is hexane extracted which is a gasoline refining by-product. It is also bleached and deoderized, not something I want to give to my daughter.

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The milk I purchased with the DHA is an organic, natural source. It contains Organic Grade A Milk, DHA Algal Oil, Vitamin D3. That's it. But imagine the Algal oil contributed to the fishy smell.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The milk I purchased with the DHA is an organic, natural source. It contains Organic Grade A Milk, DHA Algal Oil, Vitamin D3. That's it. But imagine the Algal oil contributed to the fishy smell.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member