Miralmax

Giggles

Well I have been having stomache issues and I am thinking being on Miralmax everyday or every other day might help me to stay regular. I have been having constipation problems or should I say really just hard stools. I can go but it is really hard to get out. I know too much information and gross! HA HA.

Doctor had me take Miralmax for a whole week and everything was goind great so to speak, ha ha. But once I stopped I went back to hard stools. Now I have been trying to take it every few days but that is turning out to not be enough.

I have changed my diet since being diagnosed CFRD last May and I am wondering if I am just not getting enough carbs to help with digestion or something?

I also have noticed that really fattening food, like icecream gives me a major stomach ache so I have eliminated that from my diet and also have cut down big time on all dairy. Ie. Cheese and yogurt.

So, my question is has anyone had these problems and do you take Miralmax everyday? I do take enzymes MT20. I take 1-2 with breakfast because I do not have a large breakfast, 3 pills with lunch and 4 with dinner.

I use to eat and it would go right through me now it is a whole different story.

AND I have been loosing weight.

Any ideas, opinions etc would be welcomed!!

Jennifer 34 years old with CF and CFRD

Mockingbird

Erm, do you mean miralax? I was taking it every few days until recently, when I got constipated really bad and could barely go at all for a couple days. Now I take it everyday, and it does help, but I can still have some constipation in the morning sometimes.

chantelfox

Hey there~I have taken it everyday for the past 6 years. I really
notice if I don't take enough (usually a capful- filled to the
line). It helps me. I don't take my enzymes usually. I can maintian
my weight without them and don't get stomach aches. I actually
notice that if I take too many enzymes I experience your problems.
Hope this helps!

Rokiss12

this might be an odd answer, but iw as just talkign to my CFRD nutritionist today and she reminded me to stay on the same diet that i have always been to optimize weight gain and still maintaining a relativily 'normal' life. so maybe you should try going back to what you normally ate before your diagnosis? maybe not candy bars and soda, but if there are things that you've cut out b/c they have high carbs, try not cutting them out. as CFers we can eat whatever we want, but as CFRDers we just need to remember to cover for it! a shots a shot, why not just give yourself a few more units?

JUST a suggestion, and im new at this CFRD b/c i was diagnosed 2 weeks ago, but maybe thats good b/c all this info is fresh? haha, Good luck!!!

anonymous

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Mockingbird</b></i>

Erm, do you mean miralax? I was taking it every few days until recently, when I got constipated really bad and could barely go at all for a couple days. Now I take it everyday, and it does help, but I can still have some constipation in the morning sometimes.</end quote></div>

I blame jesus. God burns hot, and that is why we are warm.

Giggles

That ANON comment, what in the ^%^& is that suppose to mean!!!! If you can not comment on what is at hand then do not bother. GEEEZ