Nails

anonymous

Please forgive me if I don't use the correct terminology, but I wondered if any of you have had any luck w/ false fingernails?
I have very clubbed fingernails and I just assume that I can't get nails that will flow with the width & downward curve to my natural nails so I've never tried to go to a salon to get my nails done.
What has everyone else's experience been in this area and if you did get the nails, did it make the clubbing more or less noticable?

Emily65Roses

I don't have the most clubbed fingernails ever... but I've had acrylic tips before, several times. They don't look as good as most girls' tips do, as my fingers always look fatter. But I've had them done, and they've looked fine. So go and see if they can. It won't hurt to at least find out.

Liza

Hi, My oldest daughter has had tips put on two times. Once for homecoming the second for Prom. She likes them. She does have clubbing by the way.

Liza
(mom of 2/teen girls w/CF)

kybert

ok beauty therapist to the rescue! nail extensions dont look good on noticeably clubbed fingers. because the acrylic/gel/fibreglass is built on top of the nail in several layers, it will make clubbed nails stand out even more. there are also no tips [the plastic part they glue to the ends of your nail] on the market that would fit someone with badly clubbed nails. sculptured extensions might work, but once again they will make the nails stand out. they take a great deal of money and effort to look after too, not to mention you could be spending a long time finding someone whos actually good it at because most nail techs are SHOCKERS!

if you want to 'try before you buy', find someone who does party tips. this will give you a feeling of what its like to have proper extensions without the commitment and price.

thefrogprincess

It really depends on how bad your clubbing is. Mine isn't very noticeable. I like my acrylic nails because my natural ones peel and break, they're very brittle and dry. Falsies are the only way I can have nice long pretty nails.

kybert

its not an industry known for nice caring decent people in regards to both workers and customers. the co workers and bosses are VERY competetive, as i have experienced unfortunately. i was fired under not so nice circumstances caused by either my co worker or boss. at the end of the day what they did all came down to competetiveness. now the customers. some are overly emotional paranoid beauty freaks who are never satisfied with whatever you do, then there are the ones that are either pregnant or pmsing BADLY and take it out on you, the unclean people who often have thrush or tinea and expect you to serve them, snobby people who think 'peasants like us' were born to serve their every needs and finally the scam artists who wont stop at anything to get a freebie.

too much estrogen in one place eh? lol

anonymous

Ha ha! I see. I hate competitive people, especially ones who will stop at NOTHING just to 'win'. The thing about the thrush-disgusting!
I'd never want to be a hairdresser 'cas the thought of an unclean person with GREASY hair and knits-eww. Also I'd hate to be a pedicurist- FEET-yuk! Shamrock, x

kybert

yep, those were the types i worked with. one lady who got hired after me ended up leaving due to bullying etc. my boss and the co worker would make up the most insane things about her. my boss would always accuse her of stealing blocks of hot wax. now, why the hell would someone want to take lumps of wax? it was just insane. feet eh, i have a good story for you. i was forced to do a pedicure on some lady who had really bad tinea. she was overweight so obviously hadnt seen her feet for yonks. if it werent for the fact that my boss said things like 'this is my friend take good care of her' *gulp* i would have flat out refused to treat her.

buggygurl321

hey my friend erin have these fake fingernails and they look great! i guess they're permanent, she just has to get them "filled" or something every once in a while. i think they're cemented on or something.