New home IV med

rnjessica

While battling this flu business, the CF docs are treating me for a CF exacerbation. I was on 2 IV meds and they weren't really doing the trick.

I started Merrem yesterday and have noticed a huge increase in stuff I'm coughing up. It's soooo much. I'm going with this is a good thing since it's coming up. I just got worried because my home FEV1 monitor reading was super low this morning.

Is this normal to be worse before better?

rnjessica

While battling this flu business, the CF docs are treating me for a CF exacerbation. I was on 2 IV meds and they weren't really doing the trick.

I started Merrem yesterday and have noticed a huge increase in stuff I'm coughing up. It's soooo much. I'm going with this is a good thing since it's coming up. I just got worried because my home FEV1 monitor reading was super low this morning.

Is this normal to be worse before better?

rnjessica

<br />
<br />I started Merrem yesterday and have noticed a huge increase in stuff I'm coughing up. It's soooo much. I'm going with this is a good thing since it's coming up. I just got worried because my home FEV1 monitor reading was super low this morning.
<br />
<br />Is this normal to be worse before better?

jenhum

Yes! Whether I'm at home or at the hospital, I typically feel worse for the first 2-3 days, then start feeling better.

jenhum

Yes! Whether I'm at home or at the hospital, I typically feel worse for the first 2-3 days, then start feeling better.

jenhum

Marjolein

It could be that your numbers are lower now because stuff is coming up and is in the way now. While before it was down so low that more was open. It might block some points now.

Hope it will improve when you get more junk out.

I always felt worse the first few days, before I would feel better. Though when I got more poorly over the years I felt worse almost the whole course as extreme tiredness would kick in. And I would only start to feel somewhat better about a week after finishing a course.
This was in the last few years pre tx when my fev1 was 25% and lower

Marjolein

It could be that your numbers are lower now because stuff is coming up and is in the way now. While before it was down so low that more was open. It might block some points now.

Hope it will improve when you get more junk out.

I always felt worse the first few days, before I would feel better. Though when I got more poorly over the years I felt worse almost the whole course as extreme tiredness would kick in. And I would only start to feel somewhat better about a week after finishing a course.
This was in the last few years pre tx when my fev1 was 25% and lower

Marjolein

<br />
<br />Hope it will improve when you get more junk out.
<br />
<br />I always felt worse the first few days, before I would feel better. Though when I got more poorly over the years I felt worse almost the whole course as extreme tiredness would kick in. And I would only start to feel somewhat better about a week after finishing a course.
<br />This was in the last few years pre tx when my fev1 was 25% and lower

tesorotiffa

Yep! I never have a fever regardless of how sick I feel, but my first day on iv meds, I have fever and feel way worse than I did when I went in! But usually after day 2, things are all better :). It's just the meds hitting your system and knocking junk loose.

tesorotiffa

Yep! I never have a fever regardless of how sick I feel, but my first day on iv meds, I have fever and feel way worse than I did when I went in! But usually after day 2, things are all better :). It's just the meds hitting your system and knocking junk loose.

tesorotiffa