New Lungs

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I'm so happy for you Kayla! :D I'm glad you posted to let us know. How old are you? You're a teenager right?

Thinking of the donor family as they cope with their loss (L)

baco623

That is wonderful, make sure to take your meds religiously and get lots of exersize, enjoy the air and enjoy your new life!!!

C

cgcheatham

Great news! Congrats to you. Remember the family at their time of loss. My husband received his double-lung transplant at age 43. In July he will be 60 years old and doing great, working 40+ hours per week at owing/operating his automotive repair business. Love and cherish each and every day!!

piggylu

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted on your progress and when you get to get out of hospital and go home!!!! Best of luck!!!

jimiv

Good for you. My son is going to see his doctor on Friday to see if he is at the point of going on a list for a lung transplant. I hope that things continue to improve for you and keep your head up so you can enjoy the sunshine in your life.

DianeM

I went to Pittsburgh Children's Hosptial
Congratulations on your lung transplant. My daughter, Danielle, is 13 and has been on the list for a double lung transplant (Toronto) for four months. It is so relieving to hear about other CF teenager's successful transplant surgeries. My daughter is so petite. I don't know how long our wait is going to be....The waiting is definitely hard on our whole family. I am hoping she will get new lungs before she starts high school so that she can have an amazing high school experience having new energy to be involved with life's more amazing activities. I wish the same for you.

W

welshwitch

Congrats on the new lungs!!!! Best of luck with your new life :)

B

BreathinSteven

That's awesome, Moonlutz!!! I'm so happy for you, and proud of you for getting through this crazy stuff!!! I hope your life from here out is as amazing as mine has been. It will be 13 years for me next month - and breathing like I do now still blows my freaking mind!!! Love, Steve

azdesertrat

Welcome to 'The Club'.
I hope your transplant will be 100% successful.
A little advice: I've heard that most times if rejection occurs its because the patient failed to take immuno-suppressants regularly.
You MUST take all the drugs your doctors tell you to & you MUST do them on a regular basis.
Set a time to do your meds. I have an alarm set for 9AM & 9PM just to remind me.
If you take your meds regularly & take care of yourself you should do just fine.
Best of luck...