New to Cayston

SylvanaG

I hate posting multiple threads because I know its out there but I'll be starting Cayston in the next few days after I get off this round of anti-B's.
My question is whats the proper way to take it-medicine order wise, I'm currently on-in this order- Xopenex, Hypertonic 3%, Pulmozyme a.m & p.m.........wheres the Cayston come in

SylvanaG

I hate posting multiple threads because I know its out there but I'll be starting Cayston in the next few days after I get off this round of anti-B's.
My question is whats the proper way to take it-medicine order wise, I'm currently on-in this order- Xopenex, Hypertonic 3%, Pulmozyme a.m & p.m.........wheres the Cayston come in

R

rarab43

I was told there was no new prescriptions. Only those who were already on it. We had a break in treatment and were not able to get it. Our fault but still a bummer.

R

rarab43

I was told there was no new prescriptions. Only those who were already on it. We had a break in treatment and were not able to get it. Our fault but still a bummer.

S

stephen

I've been on it for five years and love it!

(I started it on the Expanded Access program before it got FDA approval. TOBI was damaging my hearing.)

Cayston is taken three times a day; ideally at eight hour intervals. This is not usually practical so I try to space the treatments as far apart as possible. In any case, doses need to be at least four apart. The treatments take less than five minutes including the preparation.

I take it last, after the Hypertonic Saline in the mornings and evening. The dose during the day is by itself. You should not be using The Vest during the Cayston treatment.

I had been told that you should wait 30 minutes after taking Pulmozyme before taking any thing else. This gives the Pulmozyme the best chance to work. It was also suggested that a wailing period of 30 minutes before taking Pulmozyme was also advisable. I do try to follow this regimen.

Stephen,
70 years old
FEV 48%, Otherwise feel great, thank G-d

S

stephen

I've been on it for five years and love it!

(I started it on the Expanded Access program before it got FDA approval. TOBI was damaging my hearing.)

Cayston is taken three times a day; ideally at eight hour intervals. This is not usually practical so I try to space the treatments as far apart as possible. In any case, doses need to be at least four apart. The treatments take less than five minutes including the preparation.

I take it last, after the Hypertonic Saline in the mornings and evening. The dose during the day is by itself. You should not be using The Vest during the Cayston treatment.

I had been told that you should wait 30 minutes after taking Pulmozyme before taking any thing else. This gives the Pulmozyme the best chance to work. It was also suggested that a wailing period of 30 minutes before taking Pulmozyme was also advisable. I do try to follow this regimen.

Stephen,
70 years old
FEV 48%, Otherwise feel great, thank G-d

SylvanaG

I've had it in the fridge for awhile but have been so afraid about starting it, the more I read it just makes the choice even harder, but the doc wants me start it so I told him after I finish this round of orals lol. The thing I'm worried most about is the 28 days off, I cant take Tobi do to the hearing loss which started because of the amikacin about 6yrs ago...thats why you wait for your real pulmonologist to make a decision smh

SylvanaG

I've had it in the fridge for awhile but have been so afraid about starting it, the more I read it just makes the choice even harder, but the doc wants me start it so I told him after I finish this round of orals lol. The thing I'm worried most about is the 28 days off, I cant take Tobi do to the hearing loss which started because of the amikacin about 6yrs ago...thats why you wait for your real pulmonologist to make a decision smh