New York State Medicaid

K

kaylee04cassidy08

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get some help covering the copays etc for my Cassidy's meds, doctors appts, etc.

New York State has medicaid waiver programs that waive the income requirements for people with certain diseases - like Cerebral Palsy for example - but I can't seem to find one for kids with CF? Anyone know of anything? Any avenue to get around the income guidelines?

My husband and I are not wealthy. We are blue collar working class people. We work hard for the little money we have but NYS says it's too much for medicaid....any ideas?

K

kaylee04cassidy08

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get some help covering the copays etc for my Cassidy's meds, doctors appts, etc.

New York State has medicaid waiver programs that waive the income requirements for people with certain diseases - like Cerebral Palsy for example - but I can't seem to find one for kids with CF? Anyone know of anything? Any avenue to get around the income guidelines?

My husband and I are not wealthy. We are blue collar working class people. We work hard for the little money we have but NYS says it's too much for medicaid....any ideas?

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

<br />
<br />New York State has medicaid waiver programs that waive the income requirements for people with certain diseases - like Cerebral Palsy for example - but I can't seem to find one for kids with CF? Anyone know of anything? Any avenue to get around the income guidelines?
<br />
<br />My husband and I are not wealthy. We are blue collar working class people. We work hard for the little money we have but NYS says it's too much for medicaid....any ideas?

JazzysMom

I dont see CF falling into the "guidelines" required like CP does. The waivers seem to be more for those needing nursing home or assisted living of sorts.

Maybe this link about waivers will help explain it better

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebulletin.us/archive/2008/august/08_08_medicaid_waivers.php
">http://www.ebulletin.us/archiv..._medicaid_waivers.php
</a>

JazzysMom

I dont see CF falling into the "guidelines" required like CP does. The waivers seem to be more for those needing nursing home or assisted living of sorts.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebulletin.us/archive/2008/august/08_08_medicaid_waivers.php
</a>

JazzysMom

</a>

JazzysMom

</a>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Maybe this link about waivers will help explain it better
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebulletin.us/archive/2008/august/08_08_medicaid_waivers.php
</a><br />
<br />

JustDucky

Sometimes if you have huge medical expenses even though your income guidelines are too high, you still may qualify for medicaid. I did for awhile, I had both medicaid and medicare at one time because of my huge medical expenses. You should look into that, contact the social services or social worker in your CF center. Good luck, I just think it is terrible that in this country, the middle class gets the least amount of help when it comes to insurance coverage.

JustDucky

Sometimes if you have huge medical expenses even though your income guidelines are too high, you still may qualify for medicaid. I did for awhile, I had both medicaid and medicare at one time because of my huge medical expenses. You should look into that, contact the social services or social worker in your CF center. Good luck, I just think it is terrible that in this country, the middle class gets the least amount of help when it comes to insurance coverage.

JustDucky

JustDucky

JustDucky

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JustDucky</b></i>

Sometimes if you have huge medical expenses even though your income guidelines are too high, you still may qualify for medicaid. I did for awhile, I had both medicaid and medicare at one time because of my huge medical expenses. </end quote></div>

This is called a Spend Down. Basically its a deductable of sorts that you have to meet.....usually the difference between your income & the approval guidelines. It still allows Medicaid to be approved, but some of the cost of services you must meet.

JazzysMom

Sometimes if you have huge medical expenses even though your income guidelines are too high, you still may qualify for medicaid. I did for awhile, I had both medicaid and medicare at one time because of my huge medical expenses. </end quote></div>

This is called a Spend Down. Basically its a deductable of sorts that you have to meet.....usually the difference between your income & the approval guidelines. It still allows Medicaid to be approved, but some of the cost of services you must meet.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Sometimes if you have huge medical expenses even though your income guidelines are too high, you still may qualify for medicaid. I did for awhile, I had both medicaid and medicare at one time because of my huge medical expenses. </end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Sometimes if you have huge medical expenses even though your income guidelines are too high, you still may qualify for medicaid. I did for awhile, I had both medicaid and medicare at one time because of my huge medical expenses. </end quote>
<br />
<br />This is called a Spend Down. Basically its a deductable of sorts that you have to meet.....usually the difference between your income & the approval guidelines. It still allows Medicaid to be approved, but some of the cost of services you must meet.
<br />
<br />