Nocardia Infection

VickiN

<P>Hi,</P>
<P>I am just wondering if anyone has cultured Nocardia in their lungs? If so was it treated and if so how was it treated? What kinds of problems did you have from this bug? </P>
<P> </P>
<P>My 13 year old is being treated for this right now and has been being treated for the past few months. She will be on Bactrim for up to a year we are told. She has had chest pain, fever, and blood in her mucus due to this bug and also now has started with chest pain with exercise. So I am just wondering, since it is such a rare bug, if anyone else has had problems with this bacteria. Thanks for any info.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Vicki</P>
<P>Mom of 2 both w/ cf, 18 and 13</P>

VickiN

<P>Hi,</P>
<P>I am just wondering if anyone has cultured Nocardia in their lungs? If so was it treated and if so how was it treated? What kinds of problems did you have from this bug? </P>
<P></P>
<P>My 13 year old is being treated for this right now and has been being treated for the past few months. She will be on Bactrim for up to a year we are told. She has had chest pain, fever, and blood in her mucus due to this bug and also now has started with chest pain with exercise. So I am just wondering, since it is such a rare bug, if anyone else has had problems with this bacteria. Thanks for any info.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Vicki</P>

VickiN

<P><BR>Hi,</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Vicki</P>

D

Deb

I had this in January. They think I aspirated into my lung. I was treated for around 4 months until it no longer showed up in my sputum.

D

Deb

I had this in January. They think I aspirated into my lung. I was treated for around 4 months until it no longer showed up in my sputum.

D

Deb