not doing hypertonic for 6 days

needingadvice13

I am going to the mountains from the 27th (December) to the 2nd (January) to snowboard with a bunch of my friends. I have mild Cystic Fibrosis (sweat tests were 43 and 46) and my lung functions were amazing. I am a healthy weight (BMI=21.1). I don't want to be "embarassed" by having to my hypertonic saline with the nebulizer every night. my friends know that i have a mild form of CF, but i think that if they see me do my hypertonic that they will be afraid or almost like confused by the whole thing. It's hard to explain to them the whole CF thing because we are all highschoolers and people overreact and get nervous around people when something is new to them. I don't think that it will be the end of the world if i don't do my hypertonic for 6 days considering the fact i was diagnosed with mild CF a year ago and i went 14 years of my life not doing any treatments. when i went to hawai'i my doctor told me that all i had to bring was my accapella, since the salt water can almost serve as they hypertonic saline solution. my friends don't judge anyone but i don't want them to think of me differently...does anyone have any advice for me?

thanks.

needingadvice13

I am going to the mountains from the 27th (December) to the 2nd (January) to snowboard with a bunch of my friends. I have mild Cystic Fibrosis (sweat tests were 43 and 46) and my lung functions were amazing. I am a healthy weight (BMI=21.1). I don't want to be "embarassed" by having to my hypertonic saline with the nebulizer every night. my friends know that i have a mild form of CF, but i think that if they see me do my hypertonic that they will be afraid or almost like confused by the whole thing. It's hard to explain to them the whole CF thing because we are all highschoolers and people overreact and get nervous around people when something is new to them. I don't think that it will be the end of the world if i don't do my hypertonic for 6 days considering the fact i was diagnosed with mild CF a year ago and i went 14 years of my life not doing any treatments. when i went to hawai'i my doctor told me that all i had to bring was my accapella, since the salt water can almost serve as they hypertonic saline solution. my friends don't judge anyone but i don't want them to think of me differently...does anyone have any advice for me?

thanks.

needingadvice13

thanks.

needingadvice13

thanks.

needingadvice13

thanks.

T

theDUDE

dude just do the hypertonic, if they think of you differently, then they can go to hell. if they dont care, you shouldnt.

T

theDUDE

dude just do the hypertonic, if they think of you differently, then they can go to hell. if they dont care, you shouldnt.

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

T

theDUDE

leshajo08

I agree. I dont have cf but I'm close to two people that do.
if they are really your friends they will understand that its good for your health...no questions asked.
And cold high elevation air can make breathing tougher on people with real good lungs.
I would just take it.

leshajo08

if they are really your friends they will understand that its good for your health...no questions asked.
And cold high elevation air can make breathing tougher on people with real good lungs.
I would just take it.

leshajo08

I would just take it.

leshajo08

I would just take it.

leshajo08

I would just take it.