Oral vs. IV

Skye

My PFT's are down about 6-7% from last month with little to no symptoms. Both of my CF docs at 2 different centers tend to be conservative and start with an oral antibiotic and an inhaled antibiotic and check PFT's again in a couple of weeks. Is that the smart way to do things? I am having very few symptoms and just came off of IV's about 2 months ago. It is also that time of month and it is raining today. BTW, I am starting Levoquin 750mg and continuning inhaled Tobi. I appreciate your input.

Skye

My PFT's are down about 6-7% from last month with little to no symptoms. Both of my CF docs at 2 different centers tend to be conservative and start with an oral antibiotic and an inhaled antibiotic and check PFT's again in a couple of weeks. Is that the smart way to do things? I am having very few symptoms and just came off of IV's about 2 months ago. It is also that time of month and it is raining today. BTW, I am starting Levoquin 750mg and continuning inhaled Tobi. I appreciate your input.

Skye

Skye

Skye

mom2lillian

ooh ooh ooh pick me pick me *raises hand*

I tend to always pick orals first and then they dont work for me and I end up IV's anyway I am on my 3rd week IV's now after 2 weeks orals--major suck.

I am only intermediate sensitive to cipro and levaquin though levaquin I dont think has ever worked once so I wrote that off. If it is a good time of year (not dec-mar) and I dont feel bad and the drop is small <10% then I might try cipro, otherwise I have resolved to do IV's. For me its not worth dragging it out!

mom2lillian

I tend to always pick orals first and then they dont work for me and I end up IV's anyway I am on my 3rd week IV's now after 2 weeks orals--major suck.

I am only intermediate sensitive to cipro and levaquin though levaquin I dont think has ever worked once so I wrote that off. If it is a good time of year (not dec-mar) and I dont feel bad and the drop is small <10% then I might try cipro, otherwise I have resolved to do IV's. For me its not worth dragging it out!

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />I tend to always pick orals first and then they dont work for me and I end up IV's anyway I am on my 3rd week IV's now after 2 weeks orals--major suck.
<br />
<br />I am only intermediate sensitive to cipro and levaquin though levaquin I dont think has ever worked once so I wrote that off. If it is a good time of year (not dec-mar) and I dont feel bad and the drop is small <10% then I might try cipro, otherwise I have resolved to do IV's. For me its not worth dragging it out!

Emily65Roses

I tend to ask for IVs first... only because the main oral they like to throw around is Cipro and that glues me to my toilet for 2 weeks straight. So if I'm in class or doing anything regularly, I prefer IVs. If it's during the summer and I'm doing literally nothing, I'll try the Cipro first... because IVs do annoy me. I just only consent to try the Cipro if I know I'll be home for 2 weeks straight. I refuse to poop in most toilets. Ha.

Emily65Roses

I tend to ask for IVs first... only because the main oral they like to throw around is Cipro and that glues me to my toilet for 2 weeks straight. So if I'm in class or doing anything regularly, I prefer IVs. If it's during the summer and I'm doing literally nothing, I'll try the Cipro first... because IVs do annoy me. I just only consent to try the Cipro if I know I'll be home for 2 weeks straight. I refuse to poop in most toilets. Ha.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

C

cfsucks

i'm always put on orals first... and i assume they normally work, since i haven't been on iv's in awhile.

C

cfsucks

i'm always put on orals first... and i assume they normally work, since i haven't been on iv's in awhile.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks