Oregano Oil for CF

ajc41977

Just curious if anyone had any updates concerning the use of Oregano Oil in CF(either capsule or inhaling)? My son regularly cultures PA and TOBI doesn't seem to be doing the trick...thanks in advance...Aaron

ajc41977

Just curious if anyone had any updates concerning the use of Oregano Oil in CF(either capsule or inhaling)? My son regularly cultures PA and TOBI doesn't seem to be doing the trick...thanks in advance...Aaron

ajc41977

kirstynkoffs

Not to alarm anyone but I am a little concerned about the mention here again of inhalation of oregano oil. I am a HUGE believer in natural options to support good health. Personally I take many supplements including oregano orally. A couple of years ago I was considering inhalation given my fantastic results orally when two different people posted on here about the bad experiences they had after reading about inhaled oregano and trying it. Turns out inhalation in any way (other than maybe atmospherically in an oil burner) is very dangerous. The chances of oil particles making their way into the lungs are high. Oil in the lungs causes pneumonia. Obviously you have to do what you feel is best for you or your child but please consult a medical doctor on this one. I'm sure if you search the archives you can find where others have ended up in very bad situations with this one.

kirstynkoffs

Not to alarm anyone but I am a little concerned about the mention here again of inhalation of oregano oil. I am a HUGE believer in natural options to support good health. Personally I take many supplements including oregano orally. A couple of years ago I was considering inhalation given my fantastic results orally when two different people posted on here about the bad experiences they had after reading about inhaled oregano and trying it. Turns out inhalation in any way (other than maybe atmospherically in an oil burner) is very dangerous. The chances of oil particles making their way into the lungs are high. Oil in the lungs causes pneumonia. Obviously you have to do what you feel is best for you or your child but please consult a medical doctor on this one. I'm sure if you search the archives you can find where others have ended up in very bad situations with this one.

kirstynkoffs

ajc41977

Thanks I am new to this site and had read posts from several years ago concerning this. I was curious as to why nothing has been said recently and curious/comcerned about those who had posted. I am not willing to use my son as a guinnnea pig, but am curious as to what others are doing. I would love to hear what you have found to be helpful. My son is currently on Pulm, Saline,TOBI, Bactrum and Cypro. Having a ton of trouble getting rid of PA. Thanks...

ajc41977

Thanks I am new to this site and had read posts from several years ago concerning this. I was curious as to why nothing has been said recently and curious/comcerned about those who had posted. I am not willing to use my son as a guinnnea pig, but am curious as to what others are doing. I would love to hear what you have found to be helpful. My son is currently on Pulm, Saline,TOBI, Bactrum and Cypro. Having a ton of trouble getting rid of PA. Thanks...

ajc41977