Oximeter Recommendations?

tapestry

I would like to buy a pulse-oximeter for my daughter. She's had at least one scary incident where we needed to know her O2 sats and, being at home, weren't able to get that info without a trip to the ER (it was late at night). I'd rather avoid the ER if possible if that ever happens again.

I know several people on here have home pulse-ox monitors based on previous posts. Can you please tell me what brand/model and if you'd recommend it? I'm especially interested in anyone that has a home pulse-ox for their young child. Cassidy is 2 so we'll need to purchase one that will work for pediatrics.

Thanks so much for any help!

Jenn
Mom to Cassidy, 5/17/04 w/CF & G-tube

tapestry

I would like to buy a pulse-oximeter for my daughter. She's had at least one scary incident where we needed to know her O2 sats and, being at home, weren't able to get that info without a trip to the ER (it was late at night). I'd rather avoid the ER if possible if that ever happens again.

I know several people on here have home pulse-ox monitors based on previous posts. Can you please tell me what brand/model and if you'd recommend it? I'm especially interested in anyone that has a home pulse-ox for their young child. Cassidy is 2 so we'll need to purchase one that will work for pediatrics.

Jenn

tapestry

Jenn

Justsmurfin

I have an SPO one but that won't do you any good as its the finger one and probably wouldn't work with a young child.

Anything Nonin or Nellcor is good though. Those are the brands that most hospitals/doctor offices use

Sorry, not much help beyond that!

Justsmurfin

I have an SPO one but that won't do you any good as its the finger one and probably wouldn't work with a young child.

Anything Nonin or Nellcor is good though. Those are the brands that most hospitals/doctor offices use

Justsmurfin