Palm oil, supplements, and probiotics

Kendra

Okay so I have been trying to get into more natural methods of taking care of our health. I have been told and read that <u>Palm Oil </u>is supppose to be good for the lungs- has anyone heard of this or been using it for cooking? I have heard and used coconut oil for coooking and for by baby as a lotion.
Also, I have been told about actually eating the organ that you have issues with (seems very crazy) but at www.wildernessfamily.com they have raw pancreas pills that you can take (curious if that would help with enzymes) not sure if willing to try yet though.
Also heard about raw milk (has enzymes for you- but does milk not add to mucus?)

Does anyone have a good probiotic that they think works well?

So this is just alittle bit of what I have been told by people (also things about clay and other stuff)

Just want to know what people have tried or read about- would love any input!

thanks

Kendra

Okay so I have been trying to get into more natural methods of taking care of our health. I have been told and read that <u>Palm Oil </u>is supppose to be good for the lungs- has anyone heard of this or been using it for cooking? I have heard and used coconut oil for coooking and for by baby as a lotion.
Also, I have been told about actually eating the organ that you have issues with (seems very crazy) but at www.wildernessfamily.com they have raw pancreas pills that you can take (curious if that would help with enzymes) not sure if willing to try yet though.
Also heard about raw milk (has enzymes for you- but does milk not add to mucus?)

So this is just alittle bit of what I have been told by people (also things about clay and other stuff)

thanks

Kendra

thanks

Kendra

thanks

Kendra

<br />Also, I have been told about actually eating the organ that you have issues with (seems very crazy) but at www.wildernessfamily.com they have raw pancreas pills that you can take (curious if that would help with enzymes) not sure if willing to try yet though.
<br />Also heard about raw milk (has enzymes for you- but does milk not add to mucus?)
<br />
<br />Does anyone have a good probiotic that they think works well?
<br />
<br />So this is just alittle bit of what I have been told by people (also things about clay and other stuff)
<br />
<br />Just want to know what people have tried or read about- would love any input!
<br />
<br />thanks

marisalynn

I don't know very much about natural methods, but the dietician at my CF clinic has told me that probiotics can be very helpful in particular before and during a course of IV antibiotics that can greatly affect the GI system. I have recently finished a 2-week course of Merrem, Vanco, and Tobramycin, and about a week in, I started to have diarrhea. I was told after this that probiotics can help with that because they help to maintain the healthy bacteria in the intestines that the harsh antibiotics wash away. I have not tried probiotics yet, but have heard that they can help.

Marisa,RN, 21 with CF

marisalynn

I don't know very much about natural methods, but the dietician at my CF clinic has told me that probiotics can be very helpful in particular before and during a course of IV antibiotics that can greatly affect the GI system. I have recently finished a 2-week course of Merrem, Vanco, and Tobramycin, and about a week in, I started to have diarrhea. I was told after this that probiotics can help with that because they help to maintain the healthy bacteria in the intestines that the harsh antibiotics wash away. I have not tried probiotics yet, but have heard that they can help.

Marisa,RN, 21 with CF

marisalynn

Marisa,RN, 21 with CF

marisalynn

Marisa,RN, 21 with CF

marisalynn

<br />
<br />Marisa,RN, 21 with CF

janeardino

This study confirms that Palm Oil may be of benefit to the lungs.

1: Monatsschr Kinderheilkd. 1979 Nov;127(11):669-74.Links
[Is the intake of palm oil (palmitic acid) in meals associated with the low incidence of respiratory distress syndrome in Nigeria? (author's transl)]
[Article in German]

Okoh O, Grosspietzsch R, von Klitzing L.

Comparative gaschromatographic assays of different domestic oils used in West Germany and the domestic oil (palm oil) used in Nigeria and other West African countries were performed. It was discovered that the palm oil contains extremely high amounts of palmitic acid and linoleic acid compared to the other oils used in Germany. In view of the fact that previous studies have shown that palmitic acid is required for the biosynthesis of lung lecithin, which is closely related to fetal maturation, we performed animal experiments with rabbits to determine the incorporation rate of 3H-marked palmitic acid into various fetal organs: (fetal lung, placenta, fetal liver, fetal intestine etc.) after a previous intravenous injection of the 3H-marked palmitic acid to the mother rabbit. The radiochromatogram showed high incorporation rates of palmitate into the lecithin by fetal lung and placenta. These results seem to document that the high content of palm oil in Nigerian meals can partly be related to the low incidence of respiratory distress syndrom in Nigerian premature infants.

My partner uses a good probiotic called Mega Flora by Megafood. Its worked great. Check out www.greenmedinfo.com for information natural stuff for cystic fibrosis. I use it all the time to get information on this sort of stuff. Good luck!!!

janeardino

[Is the intake of palm oil (palmitic acid) in meals associated with the low incidence of respiratory distress syndrome in Nigeria? (author's transl)]
[Article in German]

Comparative gaschromatographic assays of different domestic oils used in West Germany and the domestic oil (palm oil) used in Nigeria and other West African countries were performed. It was discovered that the palm oil contains extremely high amounts of palmitic acid and linoleic acid compared to the other oils used in Germany. In view of the fact that previous studies have shown that palmitic acid is required for the biosynthesis of lung lecithin, which is closely related to fetal maturation, we performed animal experiments with rabbits to determine the incorporation rate of 3H-marked palmitic acid into various fetal organs: (fetal lung, placenta, fetal liver, fetal intestine etc.) after a previous intravenous injection of the 3H-marked palmitic acid to the mother rabbit. The radiochromatogram showed high incorporation rates of palmitate into the lecithin by fetal lung and placenta. These results seem to document that the high content of palm oil in Nigerian meals can partly be related to the low incidence of respiratory distress syndrom in Nigerian premature infants.

My partner uses a good probiotic called Mega Flora by Megafood. Its worked great. Check out www.greenmedinfo.com for information natural stuff for cystic fibrosis. I use it all the time to get information on this sort of stuff. Good luck!!!

janeardino

[Article in German]

janeardino

[Article in German]

janeardino

<br />
<br />1: Monatsschr Kinderheilkd. 1979 Nov;127(11):669-74.Links
<br /> [Is the intake of palm oil (palmitic acid) in meals associated with the low incidence of respiratory distress syndrome in Nigeria? (author's transl)]
<br /> [Article in German]
<br />
<br /> Okoh O, Grosspietzsch R, von Klitzing L.
<br />
<br /> Comparative gaschromatographic assays of different domestic oils used in West Germany and the domestic oil (palm oil) used in Nigeria and other West African countries were performed. It was discovered that the palm oil contains extremely high amounts of palmitic acid and linoleic acid compared to the other oils used in Germany. In view of the fact that previous studies have shown that palmitic acid is required for the biosynthesis of lung lecithin, which is closely related to fetal maturation, we performed animal experiments with rabbits to determine the incorporation rate of 3H-marked palmitic acid into various fetal organs: (fetal lung, placenta, fetal liver, fetal intestine etc.) after a previous intravenous injection of the 3H-marked palmitic acid to the mother rabbit. The radiochromatogram showed high incorporation rates of palmitate into the lecithin by fetal lung and placenta. These results seem to document that the high content of palm oil in Nigerian meals can partly be related to the low incidence of respiratory distress syndrom in Nigerian premature infants.
<br />
<br />My partner uses a good probiotic called Mega Flora by Megafood. Its worked great. Check out www.greenmedinfo.com for information natural stuff for cystic fibrosis. I use it all the time to get information on this sort of stuff. Good luck!!!

janeardino

Here's a study on Greenmedinfo which seems to back up the benefits for the lungs by consuming palm oil: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.greenmedinfo.com/content/palm-oil-consumption-associated-low-incidence-respiratory-distress-syndrome-nigeria">Text</a>http://www.greenmedinfo.com/content/palm-oil-consumption-associated-low-incidence-respiratory-distress-syndrome-nigeria

How that helps! Also, my partner uses Megaflora by Megafood and it has helped alot. Good luck!

janeardino

Here's a study on Greenmedinfo which seems to back up the benefits for the lungs by consuming palm oil: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.greenmedinfo.com/content/palm-oil-consumption-associated-low-incidence-respiratory-distress-syndrome-nigeria">Text</a>http://www.greenmedinfo.com/content/palm-oil-consumption-associated-low-incidence-respiratory-distress-syndrome-nigeria

How that helps! Also, my partner uses Megaflora by Megafood and it has helped alot. Good luck!

janeardino

janeardino

janeardino

<br />
<br />How that helps! Also, my partner uses Megaflora by Megafood and it has helped alot. Good luck!