PFTs'

Wheezie

CF affects every person differently, even identical twins. One person's PFTs may drop and then rise back up, another may remain stable for many years, another may slowly drop over time...It's just so hard to predict. If Patricio's PFTs are in the low 30s because he's having an exacerbation, it might be possible for them to return to his baseline after hospitalization and/or IV antibiotics. Exercise and airway clearance are also very important.

I'm 29 and my PFTs have been in the low 30s for several years now. They drop a little when I get sick and come back up a little when I get better. But as hard as I've tried, I can't seem to get them over 40%. As I said before though, that is just my experience. And it certainly doesn't discourage me from trying to get and keep them up. I think mental attitude has a LOT to do with physical outcome, personally.

Wheezie

CF affects every person differently, even identical twins. One person's PFTs may drop and then rise back up, another may remain stable for many years, another may slowly drop over time...It's just so hard to predict. If Patricio's PFTs are in the low 30s because he's having an exacerbation, it might be possible for them to return to his baseline after hospitalization and/or IV antibiotics. Exercise and airway clearance are also very important.

I'm 29 and my PFTs have been in the low 30s for several years now. They drop a little when I get sick and come back up a little when I get better. But as hard as I've tried, I can't seem to get them over 40%. As I said before though, that is just my experience. And it certainly doesn't discourage me from trying to get and keep them up. I think mental attitude has a LOT to do with physical outcome, personally.

Wheezie

Wheezie

Wheezie

perky79

Wheezie is correct. CF does affect us all differently. I myself have been stuck in the mid 20's for like 4-5 years. December of 05 I was at 21% fev1 and just a month ago I was up to 29% which I had hoped I would break 30% eventually. Im not gonna go into what they are at now...but it is very possible to raise pft's with the right mentality. Keep a positive attitude and keep pushing. I wish you and your son the best.

perky79

Wheezie is correct. CF does affect us all differently. I myself have been stuck in the mid 20's for like 4-5 years. December of 05 I was at 21% fev1 and just a month ago I was up to 29% which I had hoped I would break 30% eventually. Im not gonna go into what they are at now...but it is very possible to raise pft's with the right mentality. Keep a positive attitude and keep pushing. I wish you and your son the best.

perky79

perky79

perky79