PICC before sinus surgery?

M

mneville

My son, three years old, needs a second sinus surgery. He had one done almost two years ago after a CT scan revealed major infection. Now we are in the same boat. He's been on oral antibiotics every month since June and a CT scan revealed major infection again.The CF doctor wants to do a PICC line before surgery and after to help with the infection. Is that typical for severe sinus issues?

We do nasal steroids and washes everyday but sinus trouble just seems to be his downfall. His lungs looked great on the CT scan though!

Megan

M

mneville

My son, three years old, needs a second sinus surgery. He had one done almost two years ago after a CT scan revealed major infection. Now we are in the same boat. He's been on oral antibiotics every month since June and a CT scan revealed major infection again.The CF doctor wants to do a PICC line before surgery and after to help with the infection. Is that typical for severe sinus issues?

We do nasal steroids and washes everyday but sinus trouble just seems to be his downfall. His lungs looked great on the CT scan though!

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

jeninca1010

Yes, that is standard. My 6 yr old is about to have his first sinus surgery and they are recommending the same thing. My son has a port so we just using that.

jeninca1010

Yes, that is standard. My 6 yr old is about to have his first sinus surgery and they are recommending the same thing. My son has a port so we just using that.

jeninca1010

jeninca1010

jeninca1010