pilates dvd

ej0820

hey all...

I rarely ever post in a category other than "adult" so I'm hoping I get some good replies here. I have not exercised in FOREVER (horrible, I know). I used to be really active with it, especially in high school. I just kind of got too busy for it and then got lazy about it.

I feel like a vegetable. I need to do something.

I have pretty crappy lungs, though. I'm not trying to use that as an excuse not to, but for right now at least, I feel I'm pretty limited as to what I can do. My muscles feel like jelly and it really disappoints me...they used to be rock hard, lol! Well, because I feel so limited but really want to do something that will yield visible results, I was thinking Pilates. I feel like it could really give me some results AND help me feel like I'm improving myself. A brisk walk around the block just gets me out of breath and annoyed at that fact, lol. Anyone know any good beginner pilates dvds? I've found a couple strength/toning dvds through The Firm (I used to LOVE the Firm workouts), but I fear they'll still have too much cardio for me (for now, anyway). Plus, every exercise dvd I've looked at with interest has "shed the pounds" slogans all over them. I'm not looking to lose weight here. I want to gain my muscle back and get a good bit of strength on me.

Have any suggestions other than pilates?

Thanks!

ej0820

hey all...

I rarely ever post in a category other than "adult" so I'm hoping I get some good replies here. I have not exercised in FOREVER (horrible, I know). I used to be really active with it, especially in high school. I just kind of got too busy for it and then got lazy about it.

I feel like a vegetable. I need to do something.

I have pretty crappy lungs, though. I'm not trying to use that as an excuse not to, but for right now at least, I feel I'm pretty limited as to what I can do. My muscles feel like jelly and it really disappoints me...they used to be rock hard, lol! Well, because I feel so limited but really want to do something that will yield visible results, I was thinking Pilates. I feel like it could really give me some results AND help me feel like I'm improving myself. A brisk walk around the block just gets me out of breath and annoyed at that fact, lol. Anyone know any good beginner pilates dvds? I've found a couple strength/toning dvds through The Firm (I used to LOVE the Firm workouts), but I fear they'll still have too much cardio for me (for now, anyway). Plus, every exercise dvd I've looked at with interest has "shed the pounds" slogans all over them. I'm not looking to lose weight here. I want to gain my muscle back and get a good bit of strength on me.

Have any suggestions other than pilates?

Thanks!

ej0820

hey all...
<br />
<br />I rarely ever post in a category other than "adult" so I'm hoping I get some good replies here. I have not exercised in FOREVER (horrible, I know). I used to be really active with it, especially in high school. I just kind of got too busy for it and then got lazy about it.
<br />
<br />I feel like a vegetable. I need to do something.
<br />
<br />I have pretty crappy lungs, though. I'm not trying to use that as an excuse not to, but for right now at least, I feel I'm pretty limited as to what I can do. My muscles feel like jelly and it really disappoints me...they used to be rock hard, lol! Well, because I feel so limited but really want to do something that will yield visible results, I was thinking Pilates. I feel like it could really give me some results AND help me feel like I'm improving myself. A brisk walk around the block just gets me out of breath and annoyed at that fact, lol. Anyone know any good beginner pilates dvds? I've found a couple strength/toning dvds through The Firm (I used to LOVE the Firm workouts), but I fear they'll still have too much cardio for me (for now, anyway). Plus, every exercise dvd I've looked at with interest has "shed the pounds" slogans all over them. I'm not looking to lose weight here. I want to gain my muscle back and get a good bit of strength on me.
<br />
<br />Have any suggestions other than pilates?
<br />
<br />Thanks!

M

marcijo

I just bought a Mari Windsor Pilates DVD - I like it. It has 3 different pilates work outs....I get my cardio in and then do one of the pilates workouts.

M

marcijo

I just bought a Mari Windsor Pilates DVD - I like it. It has 3 different pilates work outs....I get my cardio in and then do one of the pilates workouts.

M

marcijo