Please help my friend

anonymous

Here's a post that a friend put on our site:I don't think I've ver mentioned this before but my youngest daughter, Gwen, has Cystic Fibrosis. She has been having a rough time starting in school because of all the germs from the other kids and her inability to fight them off like you and I. She had her checkup today in Philly and the doctor was not pleased with her health. He is going to admit her tomorrow for a week or so stay. Just wanted to share because this is very hard on the whole family and really turns things upside down. CF is a genetic disease and is unfortunately fatal. The lifespans of people with CF has been on the increase. Was only about 10 years old back in the 70's and is now up to about 30. Here some more info on CF in case you want to know. Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a genetic disease affecting approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States. A defective gene causes the body to produce an abnormally thick, sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections. These thick secretions also obstruct the pancreas, preventing digestive enzymes from reaching the intestines to help break down and absorb food. According to the CF Foundation's National Patient Registry, the median age of survival for a person with CF is 33.4 years. As more advances have been made in the treatment of CF, the number of adults with CF has steadily grown. I'd like to ask of our online family that your thoughts and prayers be with Gwennie as she endures another stay in the hospital. I'll update everyone when I can. Regards, Rob The post is titled Bad News and he posted it at www.allaboutnothing.netmy name is RodR and I hope some of you could give him some incourgement, and yes you could mention that I directed you to his post!god bless you allRod