Please help with Vest System advice

RodgerThompson

Hello,

My 11 nephew, Logan, has CF and I am supporting Logan and my sister to complete research to identify options to help preserve his lungs. We have found some research that raves about the effectiveness of the Vest System. I have found a company that distributes into New Zealand via Australia and am looking to foundraise the required Aus$18k. However, we recently received advice from a physiotherapist suggesting we don't purchase this tool until Logan is in his teens and rely on other tools/treatment for now. I'd greatly appreciate any advice from people regarding the effectiveness of the Vest System. Any advice at all.

Thank you.

Rodger Thompson
New Zealand

RodgerThompson

Hello,

My 11 nephew, Logan, has CF and I am supporting Logan and my sister to complete research to identify options to help preserve his lungs. We have found some research that raves about the effectiveness of the Vest System. I have found a company that distributes into New Zealand via Australia and am looking to foundraise the required Aus$18k. However, we recently received advice from a physiotherapist suggesting we don't purchase this tool until Logan is in his teens and rely on other tools/treatment for now. I'd greatly appreciate any advice from people regarding the effectiveness of the Vest System. Any advice at all.

Thank you.

Rodger Thompson
New Zealand

RodgerThompson

Hello,
<br />
<br />My 11 nephew, Logan, has CF and I am supporting Logan and my sister to complete research to identify options to help preserve his lungs. We have found some research that raves about the effectiveness of the Vest System. I have found a company that distributes into New Zealand via Australia and am looking to foundraise the required Aus$18k. However, we recently received advice from a physiotherapist suggesting we don't purchase this tool until Logan is in his teens and rely on other tools/treatment for now. I'd greatly appreciate any advice from people regarding the effectiveness of the Vest System. Any advice at all.
<br />
<br />Thank you.
<br />
<br />Rodger Thompson
<br />New Zealand

Huntersmom

Hello My name is Sonya and I have a7 year old son with CF he has been using the VEST SYSTEM since he was 2 years old and it's working great .It is alot better than doing it with a percussion by hand . He loves doing the VEST he does it 2 times a day for 25 minutes each time and we do more if needed and sometime's he likes to sit there with it on so we just add some minutes to it . Hunter has other disabilities as well we just sit in the rocking chair and let him watch his cartoon's while he is doing it and play cars or read a book to him. We also do his breathing treatment's before doing the VEST and then straight to the VEST .So far it has worked great I would recomend it for anyone .

Huntersmom

Hello My name is Sonya and I have a7 year old son with CF he has been using the VEST SYSTEM since he was 2 years old and it's working great .It is alot better than doing it with a percussion by hand . He loves doing the VEST he does it 2 times a day for 25 minutes each time and we do more if needed and sometime's he likes to sit there with it on so we just add some minutes to it . Hunter has other disabilities as well we just sit in the rocking chair and let him watch his cartoon's while he is doing it and play cars or read a book to him. We also do his breathing treatment's before doing the VEST and then straight to the VEST .So far it has worked great I would recomend it for anyone .

Huntersmom

vgrego25

hello my name is Tomislav and i have cystic fibrosis. i live whit this disease 20 years and what y learned that it is best to start any treatments as soon as possible. why? because later your lungs are much weaker and therapy will not be effective as when your lungs are stronger.
so my advice is that you buy it so that you can start whit the treatment now while he is still strong enough and while it has enough effect!
hope i can help and good luck.

vgrego25

hello my name is Tomislav and i have cystic fibrosis. i live whit this disease 20 years and what y learned that it is best to start any treatments as soon as possible. why? because later your lungs are much weaker and therapy will not be effective as when your lungs are stronger.
so my advice is that you buy it so that you can start whit the treatment now while he is still strong enough and while it has enough effect!
hope i can help and good luck.

vgrego25

<br />hello my name is Tomislav and i have cystic fibrosis. i live whit this disease 20 years and what y learned that it is best to start any treatments as soon as possible. why? because later your lungs are much weaker and therapy will not be effective as when your lungs are stronger.
<br />so my advice is that you buy it so that you can start whit the treatment now while he is still strong enough and while it has enough effect!
<br />hope i can help and good luck.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would check out amy's section on the vest in her blog... Lots of information on studies, being proactive...

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://noexcusesnoexcuses.blogspot.com/
">http://noexcusesnoexcuses.blogspot.com/
</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would check out amy's section on the vest in her blog... Lots of information on studies, being proactive...

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://noexcusesnoexcuses.blogspot.com/
</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://noexcusesnoexcuses.blogspot.com/
</a><br />