Post G-Tube surgery

jonflath

I had a gtube placed about 3 and a half weeks ago and my abs still hurt when I cough. Not nearly as much as the first few days, but it's still sore and I think my back is taking more strain to avoid the abs so it too is sore. I am a 23 year old male so my abs were quite strong when they placed the gtube, and basically they had to puncture them a few times for the tube and to suture the stomach. I was just curious for those that have had a tube placed, just how long they were sore for.

jonflath

I had a gtube placed about 3 and a half weeks ago and my abs still hurt when I cough. Not nearly as much as the first few days, but it's still sore and I think my back is taking more strain to avoid the abs so it too is sore. I am a 23 year old male so my abs were quite strong when they placed the gtube, and basically they had to puncture them a few times for the tube and to suture the stomach. I was just curious for those that have had a tube placed, just how long they were sore for.

jonflath

jonflath

jonflath

jbrandonAW

Well I am 24 hours post op and Im still hurting like crazy. Its dull when Im laying down but Im having these awful contraction like feelings.

jbrandonAW

Well I am 24 hours post op and Im still hurting like crazy. Its dull when Im laying down but Im having these awful contraction like feelings.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jonflath

24 hours after mine I was ready to kill someone. The stomach and intestines basically go to sleep during a surgery like this and it takes a little time for them to get working again. When I get hungry I feel contractions and my tube kind of dips down and pops back up with the stomach contractions.

jonflath

24 hours after mine I was ready to kill someone. The stomach and intestines basically go to sleep during a surgery like this and it takes a little time for them to get working again. When I get hungry I feel contractions and my tube kind of dips down and pops back up with the stomach contractions.

jonflath

jonflath

jonflath

iwantmypup

Oh it took me a longggg time not to be sore. Maybe a few months.
They actually put it in the middle of my stomach area..like, where there aren't ab muscles (or so they said).

Happy healing! After it heals its a lot better.

iwantmypup

They actually put it in the middle of my stomach area..like, where there aren't ab muscles (or so they said).

iwantmypup

iwantmypup

iwantmypup

<br />They actually put it in the middle of my stomach area..like, where there aren't ab muscles (or so they said).
<br />
<br />Happy healing! After it heals its a lot better.